345whp d16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by asmallsol@Aug 16 2005, 11:35 PM
WTF would he run the DX tranny for. Is he trying to go 180 in fifth gear?
[post=541029]Quoted post[/post]​

...maybe..... :p

good god of turbos...

he's got an ass load of money in that thing...

low 11's :wub:

The results could have also been done cheaper by buying a Corvette and a chip reprogram.

I would do this to my car, and in fact - I think I will.

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Aug 17 2005, 04:06 PM
....that could be done for cheaper on a b-series.

just because you're original, doesn't mean you're smart.
[post=541367]Quoted post[/post]​

its probably around the same, give or take a 1000 bucks. not having to buy a new motor will save you some cash. plus youd have to build a b series anyways, you arent going to get 345whp on a stock block. Plus parts will cost about the same anyways.

edit: love his choice of brakes tho :lol:

If we're being silly, you could get the results from DETUNING a M5, so eh, good job to that dude, hope it last him longer than a month.

non the less no matter what tranny his choice was , he made the power - and he runs 11's !

he is a true "d series turbo ninja" lol

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Aug 21 2005, 12:41 PM
he should have bought an EX/Si trans. They're still long, but would be much better for acceleration.
[post=543124]Quoted post[/post]​

actually there really not even that long...thats what im putting on my setup for shorter gears...and turbo does not like longer gears whoever said that..I hope you were kidding...and as to the comment about he could do that with a B-series..yes he could but wouldn't it be more fun to open your hood to a muscle head and let them see they got beat by a SOHC? also if it blows its not gonna cost him much to start over...

:werd: Especially with a D series, getting as much acceleration as possible would be the best thing to do. I was going to do the same with my car as well.

SOHC it baby, my 4 speed trans on the 91 Civ base is geared pretty long - just missing a top gear. The 4th gear is about 100 rpm less at speed than an Si 5th.

-> Steve

anyone got more info. this is what my 85 crx is going to be like.

Originally posted by Callidus@Aug 22 2005, 02:39 PM
:werd: Especially with a D series, getting as much acceleration as possible would be the best thing to do. I was going to do the same with my car as well.
[post=543627]Quoted post[/post]​

:unsure: ...2200lb car fully loaded..... with 347hp on the ground..... and you are worried about his gearing choice? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ill bet that car is capable of mid 10s..... at probably 130 ish.....

:lol: :lol:.....gearing....... :lol: :lol:

Back