$35,000 choices

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well, i read a news article about mistubishi voiding the warranty of some people's EVO's because the autoXed. and at most if not all dealerships, any mod more than changing the wheels will get you a voided warranty

well thats just plain crazy...i like the STi too...its second on my list, and if i didnt live in texas id agree with ya, but i do and no ice...i think i might just go with the evo.

The comment about the cobra....id just rather not say, i just do not see that car being on the infield of texas motor speedway...maybe on the ring, but thats not where i run.

at this point in time i would say s2000. i heard there letting brand new 2005s go for 22k and 23k because they want to make room for the 06s. great deal and an awsome car.

Since you're in TX I'd do a 350Z base and put the extra 10K you saved into mods.
400-450WHP is rather easy in a 350Z for 10K, you could also lower it and MAYBE have money left for wheels. That's a big maybe becuase the 350Z can hold much larger wheels then any other car you listed - the G.

my 19x9.5 are small in some 350Z owners eyes. 10.5 wide isnt uncommon even with stock fenders. in other words $$$$ when it comes to wheels.

P.S another big plus is the 350Z gets some great MPG on highways. I can see low 30s on the highways when I'm driving to work. even with AC on!

volvo s40 t5 awd
volvo s60 r
vw golf r32
audi s4
bmw 330
used m3
sti
evo 8 mr
evo 9
cadillac cts
chrysler 300
350z
g35
used nsx
new charger (ugly but you cant argue with those numbers)

i could list for days :p
ive been through this multiple times myself heh

Originally posted by micah@Aug 11 2005, 01:50 AM
volvo s40 t5 awd
volvo s60 r
vw golf r32
audi s4
bmw 330
used m3
sti
evo 8 mr
evo 9
cadillac cts
chrysler 300
350z
g35
used nsx
new charger (ugly but you cant argue with those numbers)

great choices, but you forgot one that would be top of my list S2000, or i would get an E46 330ci M package, or a Z3 M roadster, or a Z M roadster, but like u said could go on for days with different choices
i could list for days :p
ive been through this multiple times myself heh
[post=538727]Quoted post[/post]​

01-02 Audi S4, Hands down.

Twin Turbo, Quattro, just as fast as an STI or EVO8 without the feeling of being in a cheap-ass, tin can with an ugly, plastic interior. Don't get me wrong, I love the EVO and the STI, but in terms of refinement, fuck...no competition, s4 takes it.

Check out Audi dealers for a good buy. In terms of warranty, you get alot. My g/f just got her 2002 A4 3.0 a few weeks ago and here was her warranty:
Her car had 70,000 Kilometers. (not miles)
She got the rest of the factory warranty until 80K,
Then she got the Audi used car warranty for 2 years, up to 160,000KM's.
The warranty is ALL Bumper to Bumper.....everything.....the only two things not included are brake rotors and oil changes. So, for her, maintenence is practically free for the next three years or so. If ANYTHING goes wrong on that car, it's covered under warranty, free.
She also gets:
12-year rust perforation coverage,
24-hour roadside assistance,
Free towing, anywhere,
Free oil changes up to 80KM,
Free rental cars.
And a whack more stuff I cant remember right now.....

The EVO-STI are sweet, but the Audi has the same performance potential and a level of refinement and luxary that those two cars will never see.

IMO, S4 is THE choice in that price range......Evo and STI would come in a strong 2nd and 3rd. Not to mention you'll attract a whole diffrent class of women with the S4 :p And you get heated leather for winter.

gallery_31005_76_57183.jpg

RSX type S

and 15k for mods

Super Charger
Full exhaust
Rims/tires
Full Suspension
Neon lights for under the chassis
LED windshield squirters and tire caps..

Would make a killer track car. Have you ever been in one? GOD I love the interior, and the way the seat feels.

Originally posted by phyregod@Aug 11 2005, 10:41 AM
RSX type S

and 15k for mods

Super Charger
Full exhaust
Rims/tires
Full Suspension

Would make a killer track car. Have you ever been in one? GOD I love the interior, and the way the seat feels.
[post=538849]Quoted post[/post]​

I have one....I like it just fine :)

No neons will ever touch my car though.

It's to give the illusion of being a ricer. An RSX with 15k in mods, chances are you'll only be seeing the back of it anyway.

But forget it, the RSX is a terrible idea. If he's got 35k to spend, why spend it on a glorified Honda?

repossed or auctioned Aston Martin V8 coupe. Sell it for $60k and buy whatever you want.

Invest baby, invest.

That, or I would buy a Lotus Esprit. But I've said that time and time again in these threads.

the s4 is great.... until something breaks on it, or the t-belt needs to be done, or the turbos need to be replaced.

you basically have to pull either the motor, or the whole front clip to do a t-belt on an s4.

i was looking into them when i was car shopping earlier this year, and frankly, its just not a good idea IMO.

thats why EVERYONE is selling them around 50-55k...

come 60k, you're looking at a $4000 bill for a fucking timing belt.

no, i'm not kidding.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 11 2005, 11:52 AM
the s4 is great....  until something breaks on it, or the t-belt needs to be done, or the turbos need to be replaced.

you basically have to pull either the motor, or the whole front clip to do a t-belt on an s4.

i was looking into them when i was car shopping earlier this year, and frankly, its just not a good idea IMO.

thats why EVERYONE is selling them around 50-55k...

come 60k, you're looking at a $4000 bill for a fucking timing belt.

no, i'm not kidding.
[post=538882]Quoted post[/post]​

Covered under warranty. No cost to you.

No, I'm not kidding. We have that in writing on my g/f's A4 3.0

Yep even the 1.8 and 1.8t Quattro chassis A4's need to remove the front end to do it correctly. Average cost of a T-belt vhange in a quattro A4 is 900-1500, you can get it done for probably 600 at a private shop, but I wouldn't trust it.

Originally posted by adnoh+Aug 11 2005, 10:45 AM-->
@Aug 11 2005, 10:41 AM
RSX type S

and 15k for mods

Super Charger
Full exhaust
Rims/tires
Full Suspension

Would make a killer track car.  Have you ever been in one?  GOD I love the interior, and the way the seat feels.
[post=538849]Quoted post[/post]​

I have one....I like it just fine :)

No neons will ever touch my car though.
[post=538851]Quoted post[/post]​

The whole neons and squirters thing was a joke..
But I think the RSX has hella potential as a track car.

I know I am the only one but I say go with the TL I have heard so many good things about them and I like to be different from everyone else. Flame me if you want but go test drive it before you do :ph34r:

Back