350 in an S10

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

^ and that's a problem ?
93 octane rated fuel still cheap enough not to have to worry about if your looking for a killer motor like a 454

hell yes it is some of my buddies run em and they burn a tank every 3 days and at 75 a tank it add up (not to mention what tires cost)

454 in an S10 BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHA from the factory BWAHAHAHHAHAHA

1 4.3 liter largest motor every offered factory for the S/T trucks

2 Big block can only be put in S/T trucks with a minor modification, MOVING THE FIREWALL BACK, aswell as better suspension, reinforcing the chasiss,etc

3 454SS was offered, it was a Half-ton pickup

4 350s IMO can be built much better(more power more reliability) than a 454

5 I do not believe 454 take premium fuel

ok wrong a 454 will produce alot more power than a 350
and yes under high load a 454 will ping on non premium fuel
and no to pu a 350 in a s10 you need only trim the tunnel alittle bit the chassis does not need reinforcement

1 I said IMO
2 You are wrong
3 I said 454 which if you didn't know is a BIG BLOCK,
4 You MIGHT need to reinforce the chassis to keep it from twisting from high torque levels

motor mounts for a big block and small block are in the same place.
so it should be able to bolt right in, but yes I always do forget about how much less room is under the hood of an S10, but it can be done.

and I do stand corrected it was a half-ton truck my buddy had with the 454 that was stock

I owned an s10 convertable w/ a mildly built 350, and it was pretty damn fast, now it's got a 415 whp 355 in it. It was fun as shit but not very practical.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Nov 24 2004, 11:03 AM
motor mounts for a big block and small block are in the same place.
[post=421690]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: I used to work with an old guy who was a big chevy fan, he kept telling me how Chevy was so great because any motor would drop right in onto the same mount with minimum modifications. That and everything seems to be interchangable.

Originally posted by THEUSED@Nov 24 2004, 01:27 AM
1 I said IMO
2 You are wrong
4 You MIGHT need to reinforce the chassis to keep it from twisting from high torque levels
[post=421613]Quoted post[/post]​

what are you talking about i never said a 454 wasn't a small block
and yes a 454 will ping don't tell me it dosen't it does

ya

1 I said IMO
2 You are wrong
hey i have an s10 ls6 and ill eat a wrx slow time slip for 11.6 1/4 mile

Thats a build I always wanted to do, we have an s-10 with the 4.3 in it and its actually faster then the next years - current vortek 350's with its stock motor w/ T.B.I. Theres literally nothing involved in that swap cause a 4.3 v6 is a 350 with 2 cylinders loped off of it.. I think your stupid if you punk down man, look at the back end of his truck driving by, do you see any suspension work (3-link 4-link setup) What kinda tires is he runnin?? My friend had a sweeet durango and we got walked on in it my a lil civic that I know the kids didnt do much of shit to just because his wheels wouldnt catch traction.. not a extended cad s-10 is gonna have even less traction in the back with a longer wheel base than a single cab.. The Guys obviously stoked that he got it built and wants to show it off think his balls are bigger than anyone elses now.. Dude youd walk off and leave him ifnt your ride all wheel drive to?? even if not man I seriously doubt being how sinple and cheap it is to drop a 350 in there that he did any subframe supports like he shoulda to keep the body straight, if he even ran a cheap surelock waterbag in the bed and does get traction its gonna twist up on him.. I'm 99% sure if the guy just put the 350 in there, Any money put into that truck is in the motor and not the suspension.. you weigh less get better traction and like someone else said in this thread, a turbo 4.3 would walk all over a built 350 N/A who cares about torque when your runnin 600+hp F/I Call his bluff, punk him down infront of his lil hoochies,, and go home with His girlfriend hahahah

-Kevin

Another thing I'm sure all of us are tired of hearing also..... Why do so many people think a v-8 or a mustang is a dividing line to beat.. mustangs are light and have a v-8 ok i can see that.. but the point it, goto you tube and search (500 integra) goto hondoctors,com and click the video link man 650-750 horse power out of a b18c1 gsr motor.. Thats sick, servion.com to I set my standards when it comes to what I drive.. wont catch me in no ranger EVER!! Only trucks I do like is a z-71 stepside, and a s-10.. thats it.. the tacoma's are tyte w/ 20's chopped frame and airbags.. same as s-10's.. hell I got a 455 buick in the garage right now with 33,000 miles on it, its a 73 limited electra and the original a/c blows cold, garage kept.. Every time I take that car out for a $40 sunday ride around the block I get 2 or 3 black guys offering me 20-30grand for it at the gas pump.. No way I'm sellin my duce n' a qtr.. Thats my Old school pimpride, have it till I die hopefully.. But even said that 455 is throwing down close to 500hp 450tp STOCK, it'll set you in your seat, but I wouldnt doubt A Geo could take it cause its just not designed light, Strong as hell though you could demo a house out with it and just have to dust off the bumper hahah So the s-10 / 350 is close to doin say an LS/Vtec build.. Its the suspension on that truck.. I smoke my 4.3's tires and it has crager's with Bf G's for traction.. Go race that dude man.. but for $500 I thik he's doing that to get you to punk down.. Use your inner Ninja and educate yourself on what he really did to it.. Then call him out infront of his friends... Thats what you do! why the hell I always gotta type so damn much... mad props to all you people that have short and simple skillz lol

-Kevin

I got my start in Swaps with V8 swaps in S10 blazers. And two in Jaguars. Fun stuff.
Really? One of my first swaps was a 302 into a 2wd ranger.... that thing was fun. Short wheel base 300ftlbs no bed.

Slide much?;)

Back