3500 rpm redline

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimmyb478

i have a 89 civic dx wagon just recently converted 2 mpfi.the wiring harness was built right and im running a 91 ex computer but for some reason when its running
it has a 3500 rpm rev limit and its throwing a crank position sennsor code even tho its hooked up ,has anyone else had this problem:confused:

Last edited:
Run through every wire and check them. But start with the wires to the cps first. Also do you have another ecu or a car you can test the ecu in?

Alright Mate ,
Did you get the ECU out of an AUTOMATIC car by anychance ?
My Mate and i figured out that his was redlining really low with an automatic ECU for some reason we then swapped it for a manual Ecu then it worked fine ?

Try it if you can source one . It worked for us .

Good luck my friend. ;)

Alright Mate ,
My Mate and i figured out that his was redlining really low with an automatic ECU for some reason we then swapped it for a manual Ecu then it worked fine ?

Good luck my friend. ;)
there is a jumper wire inside the ECU from automatic to manual.
all you had to do was take off the cover and look up the scamatic and solder the wire off and onto the other board.

dont know if it will help you but i had the same EXACT problem with my 93 accord

i searched and tryed what people told me to for about 2 months

i finally found out it was the distributor

so here is an idea but one stick it in see if it stops if it dont just return it

and yes i was getting the same crank position sennsor code

Alright Mate ,

Good luck my friend. ;)

there is a jumper wire inside the ECU from automatic to manual.
all you had to do was take off the cover and look up the scamatic and solder the wire off and onto the other board.

I agree with both of these guys. I had the same problem when I got my P28. The solder wasn't very clean, so to speak, so after it got re-done, voila! Hello five speed converted P28 with no problems. It used to get stuck at 4,000rpm, by the way.

Back