380 tons of explosives gone missing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian educate yourself by a better means than liberally run tv and news publication.

Historically the democrats have come into office when the economy was on the up and up.

Clinton didn't fix the economy, are you kidding me? It was on the up from Bush senior. The turn around time on the economy is atleast a year if you ask any econ expert. It was pretty much as soon as Clinton was in office that the economy was on the way back up...as in the programs that Bush Senior put into effect a year prior were finally coming to the surface and working. Except then Clinton comes into office and immediately he's God because he's a miracle worker and the economy is now good. Thats bullshit. Take a look at the facts.

I hate getting into political debates with people especially when they can't see both sides of the story.

I'm not republican nor democrat, I vote for who I see as the best canidate not along party lines. Predominately I tend to favor Republicans or independents but theres democrats that I feel are good canidates as well. Fact is Kerry is riding on the coattails of JFK, taking his entire persona, saying what the people want to hear to get into office, asking Bush questions in hindsight saying what he would've done not what he's GOING TO DO. Its easy to point out a person's mistakes after they've occured, any idiot can do that.

Summary - Anyone who hails to strictly democrats or republicans is an asshat. presidents are just headpieces and sign the bills that everyone else brings forth to them, very few of their plans originate from their own minds...if not any at all.

"problem is that republicans do nothing but make us poor. "

oh and B, educate yourself on the Trickle Down Theory. Republicans give tax cuts to big business, stimulating the economy, and in turn they pass the savings down to the everyday Joe who works for them. That means its better for 99% of us Americans. As opposed to the democrats who tend to raise taxes and fuck you blind, after they claim they're not going to do it. :)

Did Clinton give a tax cut like Bush did? I don't think so. Did your taxes go up when Clinton was in office, I think if you look at your tax return you'd see :).

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 25 2004, 03:21 PM
Actually, B, Kennedy didn't do shit. He was a popular president for sure, but not because of anything that he actually did while in the White House.

Also, while Clinton did fix some of Bush Sr's shit, he created shit of his own. Bush Jr. gets all of the blame for the economy, but alot of that was Clinton's doing. Do you really think that anyone can fuck the economy over in a few months as president? Of course not. Bush was left with Clinton's shit, but unfortunately he's not doing a very good job of fixing it. Also, Clinton is one of the main reasons that terrorist attacks happened against the US, and are still happening. Clinton had Bin Laden's head offered to him, but chickened out (as most Dem's do). The bombing on the OSS Cole occured, and what did Clinton do? Launched a few missiles, then went and got a few more blow jobs.
[post=407236]Quoted post[/post]​

He only launched missiles after people found out about his BJs. :p :ph34r: Its my opinion he would have done nothing had those allegations not come forward. It really took the fire off of him.

As i said in my first post, most politicians are crooks and thiefs. I mean Kerry didnt marry his wife for money at all did he? :ph34r: :ph34r: Bush wouldnt do something that would benefit himself would he? :ph34r: :ph34r: Clinton wouldnt get all the BJs he could even if it meant fucking you :ph34r: :ph34r:

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Oct 25 2004, 05:10 PM
oh and B, educate yourself on the Trickle Down Theory
[post=407270]Quoted post[/post]​

gallery_49_162_1098745676.jpg

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Oct 25 2004, 06:10 PM-->
oh and B, educate yourself on the Trickle Down Theory. Republicans give tax cuts to big business, stimulating the economy, and in turn they pass the savings down to the everyday Joe who works for them. That means its better for 99% of us Americans.

Yea, tell that to my mom. She was layed off for 3 months because bush has had piss poor funding for education.

16-flag.jpg

New2TheCarScene
@Oct 25 2004, 07:54 PM

duff?
[post=407319]Quoted post[/post]​

Designated
Ugly
Fat
Freind?

Originally posted by asmallsol+Oct 25 2004, 07:03 PM-->
Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Oct 25 2004, 06:10 PM
oh and B, educate yourself on the Trickle Down Theory. Republicans give tax cuts to big business, stimulating the economy, and in turn they pass the savings down to the everyday Joe who works for them. That means its better for 99% of us Americans.

Yea, tell that to my mom. She was layed off for 3 months because bush has had piss poor funding for education.

16-flag.jpg

New2TheCarScene
@Oct 25 2004, 07:54 PM
duff?
[post=407319]Quoted post[/post]​

Designated
Ugly
Fat
Freind?
[post=407323]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes and because of the funding for education your mom was laid off for 3 months? Oh thats too bad bro because it happens all the time regardless of who the president is, if we're in a repression. Whole occupation fields are whiped out. Competition gets fierce and jobs scarce. Was it Bush's sole fault that your mother got laid off? Was the cut not because other people wanted it as well? Was it not because your mom and dad probably didnt want the taxes to be raised? Of course it was. Also if an occupation like that dries up, get another job in the meantime or transfer fields. Shit I know in North Carolina they have a huge shortage of teachers.

All the dot com businesses got whiped out when Clinton was in office and he didnt do anything to prevent this, is that his fault? The government shouldn't have a huge hand in our business or the economy (obviously they have quite a bit of pull) but to blame something like that solely on one president especially because the previous presidents before him set the stage for things in the near future. My dad was laid off when Clinton was in office, in fact since before Bush was in office after he had a stable job for about 8-10years and was a Regional Manager in about the 5th largest cable company in the world, he lost his job and then bounced around a bit.

Life sucks bro, I'm sure it especially sucked for your family but you cant put all your eggs in one basket because nothing in life is guaranteed except for of course death and taxes :)

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Oct 25 2004, 08:25 PM
Was it Bush's sole fault that your mother got laid off? Was the cut not because other people wanted it as well? Was it not because your mom and dad probably didnt want the taxes to be raised?
[post=407329]Quoted post[/post]​

No, they were not raised, they were lowered. The cost of Bush's tax cuts is nearly Three times as much as the cost of war, and that is including increased money for "homeland security" and rebuilding for 9-11. The money could have gone to other places. In 2003 with his tax cuts, 71% of the cut went to the top 20% of america, and 38% went to the top ONE percent of America

Originally posted by asmallsol+Oct 25 2004, 07:44 PM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Oct 25 2004, 08:25 PM
Was it Bush's sole fault that your mother got laid off? Was the cut not because other people wanted it as well? Was it not because your mom and dad probably didnt want the taxes to be raised?
[post=407329]Quoted post[/post]​

No, they were not raised, they were lowered. The cost of Bush's tax cuts is nearly Three times as much as the cost of war, and that is including increased money for "homeland security" and rebuilding for 9-11. The money could have gone to other places. In 2003 with his tax cuts, 71% of the cut went to the top 20% of america, and 38% went to the top ONE percent of America
[post=407336]Quoted post[/post]​

As I said, it was a cut to save your parents and everyone else money. Thats exactly as I was pointing out, people don't want their taxes raised infact they would love to see a tax cut...and thats exactly what happened. He gave what everyone begs for year after year but people don't seem to understand that for every action theres a reaction. Also, he's a republican so the tax cut went to big business and in theory it trickles down to the everyday slob like you and I. Big businesses gets tax cut - they save money - they pass the savings down to everyone until it gets to the everyday person. The savings may not be instant but within a year or so they'll show. Lets see, Bush got into office about 4 years ago. He got into the office in a recession, dealing with Clinton's fuck ups and pretty much the worst economy that America has seen in a great time. He implements his plans, of course with the help of everyone in the party behind him, and it takes about a year turn around time to see any effects of these plans. About 2-3years into his term the economy starts to thrive once again is begins to come out of the recession, until where we are today.

If a democrat came into the office and the economy continued to thrive, he'd be the next hero who brought us out of our traggic economic times. Basically the same way that Bush Sr. leaves office, Clinton comes in... rides on his coattails and hard work of a now thriving economy and then by his second term he starts to fuck things up. Leaves office fucked up. Wubbya comes into office and looks like an ass. Funny eh?

a tax cut is supposed to help the economy. the trickle down theory says that if the upper classes get a tax cut they will put their money in banks driving the interest rate down. a low interest rate will cause middle and lower class to borrow money and spend it, which in turn will jump start the economy. kerry wants to cut out the middle man and simply give money back to the middle class. ok 9-11 didnt help the bush administration or our economy, but he has made plenty of other mistakes. kerry is putting the american people before himself by giving them tax cut, raising the minimum wage to help with poverty, and giving businesses incentives to keep production in this country, which creates jobs. its like i said before, the average joe will look at the last 4 years and decide whether or not he wants another 4 or a change.

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Oct 25 2004, 09:37 PM
its like i said before, the average joe will look at the last 4 years and decide whether or not he wants another 4 or a change.
[post=407364]Quoted post[/post]​

well, the problem is, one half of the country is totally againisnt him, and the other side is completely for him. Athough there is a defent bitter outrage, there is also strong support. That is why EVERY vote counts.

"kerry is putting the american people before himself by giving them tax cut, raising the minimum wage to help with poverty, and giving businesses incentives to keep production in this country, which creates jobs"

Thats irony right there. Where do you think he's going to get the money to fund that kind of stuff? It doesnt appear out of no where.

And the trickle down theory can work out many different ways. Yes it'll drive interest rates down, but it will also spark big business to be able to have more money to spend and buy larger quanitities of supplies, which in turn helps the suppliers, etc., etc. Basically in the end, big business profits from it and they'll be able to reduce prices, lowering inflation and allowing for the everyday joe to throw more of his money into the economy to stimulate more growth.

Same idea of any tax cut. The government gives you money back, only so you can throw it back into the economy be it through buying stocks, bonds, or other investments or just by buying more goods.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Oct 25 2004, 08:42 PM-->
sLuShBoXtEgGy
@Oct 25 2004, 09:37 PM
its like i said before, the average joe will look at the last 4 years and decide whether or not he wants another 4 or a change.
[post=407364]Quoted post[/post]​

well, the problem is, one half of the country is totally againisnt him, and the other side is completely for him. Athough there is a defent bitter outrage, there is also strong support. That is why EVERY vote counts.
[post=407369]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats called democrats vs republicans and it has always been that way. As it stands right now and from most people's estimates Bush will be staying in office. Obviously its all how the electoral college falls though.

You dont talk about money, religion, or politics if you dont want to start a conflict. :p

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Oct 25 2004, 10:03 PM
You dont talk about money, religion, or politics if you dont want to start a conflict. :p
[post=407385]Quoted post[/post]​

there are always 2 sides.

[/QUOTE]"kerry is putting the american people before himself by giving them tax cut, raising the minimum wage to help with poverty, and giving businesses incentives to keep production in this country, which creates jobs"

Thats irony right there. Where do you think he's going to get the money to fund that kind of stuff? It doesnt appear out of no where.
tax cuts dont cost money, just simply bring less of it in, raising the minimum wage will only cost businesses more, and business incentive is that only companies with production in america will recieve tax cuts and overseas production will not.
its just an argument of economics. and there are so many different views of it because no one knows how economics truly works. many theories that will work in many different situations.

"tax cuts dont cost money, just simply bring less of it in, raising the minimum wage will only cost businesses more, and business incentive is that only companies with production in america will recieve tax cuts and overseas production will not."

Did you think before you posted this? You increase costs for businesses and then profitablity is lost, so the business has to raise prices in order to compensate, this is called inflatuation. Also not speaking in terms of inflatuation whatsoever, "tax cuts dont cost money, raising the minimum wage will only cost businesses more" well thats not a tax cut to business now is it? That means that Uncle Sam is making the money back some way, now doesn't it?

Everything balances out. You can't steal from the rich and give to the poor.

:withstupid:

all i hear is Bush sucks, Bush is an idiot...VOTE KERRY VOTE KERRY...
it is a joke and a fallacy to think Kerry will do better...

im not voting anymore...

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Oct 25 2004, 09:19 PM
"tax cuts dont cost money, just simply bring less of it in, raising the minimum wage will only cost businesses more, and business incentive is that only companies with production in america will recieve tax cuts and overseas production will not."

Did you think before you posted this? You increase costs for businesses and then profitablity is lost, so the business has to raise prices in order to compensate, this is called inflatuation. Also not speaking in terms of inflatuation whatsoever, "tax cuts dont cost money, raising the minimum wage will only cost businesses more" well thats not a tax cut to business now is it? That means that Uncle Sam is making the money back some way, now doesn't it?

[post=407396]Quoted post[/post]​

its economics. it all will work out in the end. i just think kerrys plan will work faster.

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy+Oct 25 2004, 10:42 PM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Oct 25 2004, 09:19 PM

[post=407396]Quoted post[/post]​

its economics. it all will work out in the end. i just think kerrys plan will work faster.
[post=407419]Quoted post[/post]​

See you obviously dont even know the complete facts because what I said caught you off guard and shed light on something that apparently you havent thought of before. Dont just hop on the bandwagon bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back