3A racing seats into 89 crx

what do u think of these seats (see link below)

• POLL CLOSED

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • POLL CLOSED - READ BE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

http://www.dominionperformance.com/catalog...g.0.html.1.html

(UPDATE 8/28/03):

THESE SEATS ARE EXTREMELY LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

- custom brackets/adapters ARE NOT AVAILABLE for ANY VEHICLE! i just got off the phone with 3A racing to confirm this.

- there is no metal on the underside of the seats except for the 4 studs where their "universal" brackets go.

- you can't weld the seat to anything because the mounting studs are behind the seat fabric and are surrounded by seatfoam!

according to rep from 3A Racing...there are 3 ways to install these seats:

1. see if their universal brackets bolt up to your existing seat bracket holes in your car's floor. (no dice for my 89 crx. not even remotely close.)

2. modify your oem brackets to work with the 4 mounting studs on the bottom of their seat.

3. bolt their universal brackets directly to the floor

NONE OF THESE SUGGESTIONS WILL WORK IN AN 88-89 CRX!!
trust me..i found out the hard way!!!

NOTE: THE REST OF THIS THREAD IS OLD.......

the thing id be concerned with is the quality and whether or not they are going to hold up long or if they are going to be like the TenzoR seats and the fabric is going to wear out / fade, the padding is going to get all comperssed and worn out, the frames are going to be sturdy, etc....

most seats are made well, my friend got a pair of no name seats here in canada for 600 with rails ( very cheap up here for seats) and they have been great, no wearout and padding is still strong, i say go for it.

cool. thanks for the votes! the seats are covered in vinyl..no fabric. ive looked close at the seams and they look pretty strong. also the brackets and sliders seem just as beefy as my OEM ones. what i cant beleive is that ive seen these seats selling for as much as $275 WITHOUT the brackets and sliders.

beleive it or not...pep boys :lol: ive been to three other pep boys within a 40 mile radius and only the one near my place sells them. they also are selling mandrel-bent piping and dynomax mufflers. im thinking that pep boys probably struck a major deal and bought like 1000 seats from them.

hcivic...check out airdynamicracing.com. they are having a blowout sale on racing seats just like these 3A's, but they are selling em for $129! (regularly $199)

In SCC, I dont remember what issue, but they did a servey on aftermarket seats. Sparco, Momo, Corbara (sp?), and a few others passed the standard test that OEM seats have to pass. Most of the others, no name brands, failed miserably. I dont know how but the person riding in the back seat would end up dying or with broken legs because of the seat and sliders breaking. So, if I were you I would save your money and get some quality aftermarket seats

Originally posted by NewAgeCivicz@Aug 7 2003, 10:02 PM
In SCC, I dont remember what issue, but they did a servey on aftermarket seats. Sparco, Momo, Corbara (sp?), and a few others passed the standard test that OEM seats have to pass. Most of the others, no name brands, failed miserably. I dont know how but the person riding in the back seat would end up dying or with broken legs because of the seat and sliders breaking. So, if I were you I would save your money and get some quality aftermarket seats

my crx doesnt have backseats :p thanks for that info though. something to think about.

OKayyyy...the seat has been ordered! :D yea, just one for now...later on i will get the other. here it is photoshopped into my car :D
s3f34806c3d0a3.jpg

me like :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: I love racing seats and all, but if you have seen them much in a honda, they are quite big, but I am getting some probably for christmas or something. I am hooked on corbeaus, or sparco's.

I like my Corbeau Forza in my CRX. It fits me nice and snug, although it almost brushes the ceiling... I'll post a pic of it later.

thanks for the comments! im not a big fan of vinyl seats either, but for $159 including everything, AND its adjustable...it was hard to pass up. plus my original seat is so worn out, getting a new seat is very much overdue.

UPDATE - 8/27

see first post. i got the seat and i like it....but the mounting holes on the seats do not line up with my 89 crx seat brackets and 3A racing does NOT offer brackets for any car "at this time". see their installation suggestions up in the first post.

pics will come soon.

Back