3A racing seats into 89 crx

what do u think of these seats (see link below)

• POLL CLOSED

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • POLL CLOSED - READ BE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thanks mike. im gonna look into corbeau's and sparcos and momos. hoping somebody makes something that will bolt right in. i did a little research and it seems that sparco's install hardware is not as great as their seats...and may need some custom re-hashing to make them work. if i cant find anything that i know will bolt in without any problems (bad ride height, etc....), i will just get my oem seat repaired or hit the junkyard for a replacement.

Yeah... universal seat brackets suck. The Corbeau bracket system is really nice- it's custom made for your car. The brackets in both my CRX and Civic fit really well- the Civic's bolted straight in, and the CRX's required lengthening 2 mounting holes by less than 1mm. 2 minutes with a file and it was done. I like the construction of the brackets too- very solid. They're made by Wedge Engineering, and then Corbeau adds their sliders on top later.

Hey, I had the same issue w/ rubbing the steering wheel....... I bought an APC, yes, APC(Sux but cheap) D series steering wheel and I don't rub anymore! Glad to hear that you got the seats in!

mike, the corbeau setup sounds pretty good. i might look into their forza seat cause i dont want to spend more than $300 (including brackets & sliders). there is a local dealer that sells the sparco speed seat for $240, and sparco sells a custom base for that seat made for the 89-91 crx. i might give that a shot too. cant seem to find any local corbeau dealers and i'd rather by local.

MailWho, thanks for the info but the seat is still too narrow, and it felt like i was sitting on a telephone book cause it rides so high. i actually like one of those APC wheels though. there is one that looks just like a momo wheel.

did you ever get pictures of the seat in your car gabe?

mike, id rather buy local so i can return the bitch if i have to, but thanks for the suggestions. nate...no, once i got the seat in i was all excited about test driving it and then was bummed out cause of the problems i discovered...then a few other things happened at home..so i totally forgot to take a pic. i did take pics of the seat out of the car with my "custom" mounting attachment shown. i'll post them up when i get home.

Return them if they don't fit or if you don't like them? If they don't fit, Soloracer will take them back.

Back