3rd IACV - Still erratic idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

caboose

USDM to the bone
Hello, My CRX HF with the D15B6 has a idle that bounces up and down between 1000 rpm and 1250 rpm. I have now tried Cleaning the original 3 times, replacing it with an Si one I had sitting around, and replaced that with one from a junkyard.

When the TPS or IACV are unplugged it works fine. I am not getting any engine codes. If I plugged the crank case breather, I could get it to idle smoothly, but that only worked until I went to back it up, and it came right back. I have checked all of the vaccume lines coming off of the manifold.

I really don't think that all of these IACV are bad, so I'm running out of ideas. Possible MAP?, would that even cause this? That's the only other thing that I can think of.

Oh, if I unplug the MAP vac, it the car idles VERY low, if at all. If the MAP is unplugged, runs fine.

Well, after weeks and weeks of chasing my own tail, I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!!!

The PCV valve fell apart must have fallen apart when the previous owned it, so he unplugged the tps to get it to work. The and the only thing that was left was the spring, so essentially it kinda was a vacuum leak, it just was going through the pcv valve.

I feel a lot better now, lol. 55mpg, here I come!

Back