3stage vtec in an eg8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aleem

I have a 3 stage vtec d15b engine head and block with intake, injectors, distributor, alternator, p2j-j62 ecu together with the engine harness. My existing car is an EG8 93 vti honda civic with a d15b vtec engine and s20 gear box with a p08 ecu. I know the 3 stage engine is from an ek3 obd2 and I have an obd1. I want to put the 3 stage in my car but still not sure about the compatibility with the harness. Is the any one who has ever done a similar swap.

You could get obd2 to obd1 harness.. or You could swap over your OBD1 intake manifold and Dizzy... to the stage 3 motor and make it an obd1 motor... though you wouldn't be able to run the obd2 ecu...

SO harness adaptor or swap...lol

Ok so right about today I was absolutely sure that I will use the P2j-j62 ECU, engine and harness in my Eg8 after going through the pin outs that I searched up. The pin outs were correct according to the harness color codes comparing it to the eg8's existing sensors and the p2j's engine, ecu and harness. They all corresponded. All I will have to do is exchange 2 jacks from the two harness's and correct the pin placements in them. There is one problem I cant seem to figure out where a green jack that is located next to the ECU 3 jack connectors goes. Can u assist me with that.

u mean a 3 pin and a 2 pin green plug next to the ecu? if so this is for diagnostics when the check engine light comes on. this works for obd1, not sure about 2... hope that is what your talking about... if not post pics

You're still greenhorn status so you'll have to upload it to a website and then link it here. Use imageshack or photobucket

Why would you swap the good D15b for the econo D15b?

IMG00091-20120112-1722.jpg

Chassis harness that hooks up to the car(lights, horn, etc.)?

Try cross referencing with a Civic HX. That should be the closes thing we have to the Civics equipped with that engine.

Ive only seen one other thread on here about swappin that motor. Hopefully you can get what you need.

Back