4-1 header or 4-2-1 header?

which would you get 4-1 or 4-2-1 header?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well for the fact that i didn't pay for it i ended up getting a jdm itr, it fit fine the only thing i had to do was take the cat off and turn it so the bolts matched up it was easy and it was quick thanks for your help guys

I think it's funny that you guys think bigger is better....

For the money, the JDM ITR header is a great piece. If you're willing to do a little work to it, it's even better. Welding the outside and opening up the exhaust ports will increase flow similar to the Mugen spec header which is about 2x the price.

However, I have found that 4-2-1 headers have more useable power over the 4-1 on a stock or near stock engine.

Check "the great header test" on HT.com I think you'll find the results enlightening.

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster@Sep 25 2004, 05:37 PM
Check "the great header test" on HT.com I think you'll find the results enlightening.
[post=394705]Quoted post[/post]​

which is one of the big reasons i think the DC JDM header is the best bang for buck. they didn't even test the jdm itr header on that test, so i'm not sure what reference you're trying to make.

Originally posted by B16@Sep 6 2004, 10:40 PM
why did you recommend it in the first place then? its overpriced and overrated. asmallsol is correct, the jdm dc makes better power than the oem one, and has a true 2.5" collector. the collector on the jdm itr is more like 2.25" with a 2.5" doughnut, but the collector is not really a 2.5" as where the dc one is. i have the dc jdm 4-1 and yes it is a piece of shit, when you compare it to other headers out there in the industry.

i chose 4-1; but there are quite a few 4-2-1 custom headers out there that kick ass also, those with long runners.
[post=386789]Quoted post[/post]​

Aftermarket > Honda

The JG Eddlebrock Pro Flo header is sikkk, if you are looking for a merger of the 4-1 and 4-2-1 design.

Originally posted by B16+Sep 26 2004, 03:04 PM-->
AllMotorMonster
@Sep 25 2004, 05:37 PM
Check "the great header test" on HT.com  I think you'll find the results enlightening.
[post=394705]Quoted post[/post]​

which is one of the big reasons i think the DC JDM header is the best bang for buck. they didn't even test the jdm itr header on that test, so i'm not sure what reference you're trying to make.
[post=394899]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually they did, but I think at a later date.

Here's another from Jeff at Import Builders.

http://www.importreview.com/reviews/JDMRvs4-2-1.html

I went with the 4-1 header because it will get more mid to high range power.
You should specify what you would like from the header though.

Originally posted by mrnice1058@Sep 7 2004, 07:48 PM
thanks for all your help but here is the think i was talking about my car the other day and this kid was saying there is no way in hell that a b16 with 111 ft tq is going to ever beat his sentra spec v so i was wondering if i get a 4-2-1 header like the one that dc makes would i gain a noticable amount of torque or am i better getting the high end power with a 4-1 because i have a jdm header because i got mine from japan(from my cousin in the military stationed in japan) and it has japanense writing on it so you think i should stick with the one i have or go with a say dc(or dc clone) header 4-2-1 for more torque or shine at the top end thanks guys
[post=387190]Quoted post[/post]​

i said it right there i want more torque

Originally posted by mrnice1058@Oct 2 2004, 03:33 AM
i said it right there i want more torque
[post=397415]Quoted post[/post]​

toss the b16 and get a b18.

nah got i got a ls block but i need to spend some serious cash on it before i can throw it in it need new sleeves and new pistons so it is going to take a while for that. so i can get just a little more torque out of this b16 i would be very happy

Originally posted by integraslut78@Sep 29 2004, 09:49 PM
I went with the 4-1 header because it will get more mid to high range power.
You should specify what you would like from the header though.
[post=396468]Quoted post[/post]​

:clapping:

Good response Jon.... :p

A header will not magically make your 1.6 litre torquier. (Maybe 1 or 2 pound feet) For torque you will want to add displacement or compression.

IMO i dont think that a header is in any way is going to fix your TQ problem....i bought a cheap $100 EGAY header and it works fine for now... its made by FOCUZ...i know it sucks but i have an lsv so i dont have to worry about TQ...what i mean is save your money and fix the ls block thats were the TQ is... then buy a turbo system when you sleeve your block...you will have to sell the header anyway......my2c

Back