4-1 Header, Will It Line Up?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
ok guys, as most of you know, i have a 94 B18C1 in my rex and ive decided to go supercharger, only because i want to have headers and intake still, and its instant power, ill mostlikely get jrsc. now im also planning on getting the jdm ITR 4-1 header for my setup. i will replace my mounts for the hasport billet mounts (gen2). now what i want to know is what will i need to get everything to work. do i need more o2 sensors? what do i need as far as a catalytic converter?, and where can i get one for my car? (i would prefer a high flo cat), and most im portantly will it all line up to my stock exhaust? i do not want to have to modify the exhaust or header. if it doesnt what will i need to get it to line up? any help is appreciated.

EDIT: on a side note, with a supercharger setup, what should i get as far as intake manifold, cams, pistons, rods, vavletrain, etc?

the JDM ITR header will work
you use the same number of O2 sensors that you use now (this will never change unless you change OBD#)
you will need to customize a cat to work .... carsound is a good choice
not sure about lining up issues .... but you can make them work by customizing the connections at the cat

the JRSC replaces the intake manifold
you really dont need to do internals for the 6psi that the JRSC makes

down the road you could look into a high lift short duration cam, do the rest of the valvetrain when you do the cams.... i would leave it at the stock compression....

look into a lightened flywheel... it will allow you to gain RPMs faster... the SC id dependant on RPMs to make power... so the faster you make RPMs the faster you'll make power

watch ur clearance on the jdm 4-1. it hangs really low so u might see some issues with ur cross member. just FYI

I have a kamikaze header on my crx and I have the same swap as you. No clearence issues at all, perfect fit. I would also suggest to go with this header since it's the best for superchargers, dyno proven...

Originally posted by Darivative@Feb 8 2003, 11:34 PM
I have a kamikaze header on my crx and I have the same swap as you. No clearence issues at all, perfect fit. I would also suggest to go with this header since it's the best for superchargers, dyno proven...

are you saying i should get the ITR header or the kamakaze?

isnt kamakaze kinda like a no name brand, like an ebay brand, i never heard good things about kamakaze, but i wanted the ITR cuase from what ive learned from here is that its supposed to be the best.

Originally posted by Darivative+Feb 9 2003, 05:34 AM-->
Any company can "dyno" prove something,does that make it true,NO.intake velocity fans (tornado) are dyno proven,do they work?That's all I have on the subject of "dyno proven".

GSRCRXsi Posted on Feb 9 2003
@ 05:19 PM
the ITR cuase from what ive learned from here is that its supposed to be the best.

Go with what you know on this one.

thanks, and about it hanging low, yea i heard of that too, i plan on getting that skid pad for it, since my car is lowered, i wouldnt wanna fuck up an ITR header. thanks for the help guys.

Back