4 door Honda runs 11.3

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:werd:

I broke axles all the time WITH an LSD. It's also my preference to break axles that I can swap out in 20 minutes for free instead of breaking something a lot more expensive and harder to replace. Plan your weak point!

Nice times! How is that track, I havn't been to that one?

:werd:

I broke axles all the time WITH an LSD. It's also my preference to break axles that I can swap out in 20 minutes for free instead of breaking something a lot more expensive and harder to replace. Plan your weak point!
yeah but if you break the passenger side then the job will take that much longer since all the oil in the tranny will pour out and need to be replaced. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I hate doing the same job multiple times. Time is money IMO...

THanks

You need a roll cage if you run 11.50 or better. I got lucky i guess. It was the last run of the season and so they were letting everyone in.

Im done for this year. IM definetly getting new axles and lsd next year.
Heres my list of parts for next season:

quaife lsd
stage 4 or 5 axles and hubs
solid rear suspension
solid motor mounts
clutchmasters sintered iron clutch
rebuild tranny
loose weight :)
6 or 8 point roll cage and other safety shit
and turn up the boost to 30psi or better

Easy low 10's no problem. ^_^

Nice times! How is that track, I havn't been to that one?
I love it. Its sticky, clean, and only 45 minutes from the border. The only hard part is crossing the border without getting harassed.

full interior. Minus the carpet and lower back seat cushion which only weights 5lbs all together.

:-(
Next season im coming out with no interior and a roll cage.

yeah but if you break the passenger side then the job will take that much longer since all the oil in the tranny will pour out and need to be replaced. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I hate doing the same job multiple times. Time is money IMO...

If you jack that one side up far enough you can pop an axle in without spilling the fluid.. at least on my old GSR it worked that way. After changing 4 axles out in 1 week I figured that one out :D

saw the video, nice kill on that vdub and sti. i go to school with the kids that drive the vdubs and we were talking bout it after class. way to teach um not to fuck with honda's

your car is sick. It gives me more hope. I have a 4 door myself and everyone gave me shit when I bought it instead of a 2 door I had a chance to buy.

nice eg man, i got a friend with a coupe that has a set up similar to you,and he has one of the fastest honda's around here, he spanks s/c mustangs day and night...

f-ing nice. it gives me a goal for when i start building my eg hatch.
what size turbo do you have and why is the piping so small???
not to knock on what u got...
obviously its working.

I took my 4 door honda to Toronto motorsport in Cayuga this weekend and my first pass was an 11.3 spinning the slick all the way down the track launching at 6000rpms.

second pass i went 12.3 missing 2nd and 3rd gear.
Third pass i dont know what happend and ran 11.68 :)

ON my 4th pass i decided to do a longer burnout and lowered the tire pressure to 10psi. I then broke an axle and gave up.

Not bad for being my first time in the 1/4 mile.
IM sure i couldve ran 11.1 or better with better traction and launching at a higher rpm, but fuck it.
My goal for next year is low 10's

BTW, this was done on 18psi, 25x8.7x13" MH slicks, no lsd, stock axles and suspension.

Not bad for being my first time at the 1/4 mile track. THe engine only has 455miles since build so its still not broken in properly.

LOW 10'S HERE I COME:p

I definetly need to work on getting my 60ft down so i can run 10's. My mph trap is fucked up. They were having issues with it at the track. Id have to say i was trapping like 128mph.

:ph34r:

This car wasn't at ney york international raceway was it?

Back