4 Door Lx Project thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ejclide

Swapper for life!
Yo all. I'm starting up a project thread so that i can get input on what you guys think i should be doing with this car.

I love this car, and i really have a thing for 4 doors. This is my daily driver as well as my project car, so not having it available is a hassle. anyway, if i can figure out how to add pics i will. It's running with the stock D15B7. It's been rebuilt with new rings, valve job, new crank, bearings and all new gaskets. The add ons i have for it are an XTD stage 3 six puck clutch and lightweight flywheel, a lightweight underdrive crank pulley, a Flowtech airmass header, an OBX high flow cat, and a flowtech catback exhaust.

Right now i have no money. I actually had to rip my mom off for some of this engine stuff. I do however want ANY pointers i can get on tuning for added horsepower and CHEAP upgrades. once i have my deposit down for next quarter and some credit card debt paid off, I might consider some more upgrades. I had a GSR motor for a swap at one point, but I didn't have enough money to finish it, and I needed money to rebuild my D15. I'm up for swap maybe later, but I want something that's not going to require welding up new mounts or adapters. I was thinking maybe an ls vtec? I was also consider a full Z6.

Please, let me know what you think guys! anything will help. I'll get pictures up here too, soon. Any ideas for weight reductions are nice too. I got rid of my compressor, and this weekend i'll rip out the condensor. I need to keep the back seat though. spare is going too.

any help or ideas are welcome.

Civic 001.jpg
my beautiful car... Did i mention i got it for free?
Civic 002.jpg
cheap seats, complements of working at advance
civic pictures 007.jpg
my short shifter
stuff-altima 001.jpg
awesome 6ers, they look good on the car. I have yet to get a picture of them on the car
STUFF CHECK 118.jpg
there's the ugly ass motor. it's so much nicer now.

I just bought a 93 civic Si Tranny today for 100 dollars. I'm assuming that this is a lot better than the Lx tranny, at least from what i've read. It should just bolt right up, right?

I guess no one likes my project...

Let me know any input you guys can/want to give me.

I'll post more pics, what do you wanna see?

Car's going to the shop tomorrow to have the valves adjusted ( i suck at it) and the crank walk addressed. My crank seems like it's walking a lot after putting the new crank in it. it came with F22 thrust washers.... weird?

Alright, well, this was a fun week of school. three exams, and i spent more time shopping for parts than i did studying. My calc grade shows it.

anyway, I bought an Si tranny monday, and I just bought a Z6 head tonight to do a mini-me with my B7 block i just rebuilt.

It's not goign to stay B7, i'm going to find a cheap bare Z6 block sometime and turbo build it, when it's ready i'll mate it up to the head i'll already have. throw a cam and a turbo on, and i'll have a sweet 4 door.

I'll post up some pics of the tranny swap this weekend.

What kind of cam do you guys think I should get for the Z6 head that'll work with my B7 and the Z6 block once i build it. Cam gear too.

Back