4 lug to 5 lug

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatchbuild10

Can you just replace the rotors and hubs from a 4 lug and buy the apprpriate 5 lug rotors and hubs? All the while keeping the calipers? I currently have 4 lug disc on a 99 civic hatch. But I would much rather have the 5 lug. Plus I snapped a lug nut off during a road race. An help please.

no, you need to do a whole conversion from an itr/ctr.

don't forget you'll need wheels (5 lug) as well as an upgraded master cyl or ppv to match the new setup as well.

You could press in the 5-lug hubs on the front because the bearings are the same, but I am pretty sure that the 5-lug rotors would be too big for 4-lug calipers. As for the rears the bearings are bigger than what you currently have, so you would need the 5-lug trailing arms and since it will be tough to get just those used, you'd be better off buying the the whole conversion. Besides, why wouldn't you want bigger brakes?

I changed everything I got lucky and had a Integra in the inpound lot spindles control arms.. the 4 lug calipers wont fit the rotor is bigger on a 5 lug.. You can buy new rotors at auto part store if needed with new calipers I did.. bought slotted and drilled rotors with calipers Wasn't cheap:eek: waist of money if you ask me for something that failed already.. Now I just have the regular rotors. EBC pads (bad again).

Wow. I got CTR complete setup for around a 1,000 and am about to go to okinawa japan again to look for some authentic jdm wheels. And plus a few other goodies. lol . What I am curious to know is if the CTR setup is an actual CTR setup that i bought it should be a direct bolt up with no modifications. However will i need the e-brake cable. I currently have a 4 disc setup. Any help is good help thanks.

Back