1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 lug to 5 lug

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by hatchbuild10, Sep 23, 2010.

1. hatchbuild10

hatchbuild10 New Member

Can you just replace the rotors and hubs from a 4 lug and buy the apprpriate 5 lug rotors and hubs? All the while keeping the calipers? I currently have 4 lug disc on a 99 civic hatch. But I would much rather have the 5 lug. Plus I snapped a lug nut off during a road race. An help please.

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

no, you need to do a whole conversion from an itr/ctr.

don't forget you'll need wheels (5 lug) as well as an upgraded master cyl or ppv to match the new setup as well.

3. tabKola

tabKola New Member

You could press in the 5-lug hubs on the front because the bearings are the same, but I am pretty sure that the 5-lug rotors would be too big for 4-lug calipers. As for the rears the bearings are bigger than what you currently have, so you would need the 5-lug trailing arms and since it will be tough to get just those used, you'd be better off buying the the whole conversion. Besides, why wouldn't you want bigger brakes?

4. Pizzo

Pizzo New Member

I changed everything I got lucky and had a Integra in the inpound lot spindles control arms.. the 4 lug calipers wont fit the rotor is bigger on a 5 lug.. You can buy new rotors at auto part store if needed with new calipers I did.. bought slotted and drilled rotors with calipers Wasn't cheap:eek: waist of money if you ask me for something that failed already.. Now I just have the regular rotors. EBC pads (bad again).

5. hatchbuild10

hatchbuild10 New Member

Wow. I got CTR complete setup for around a 1,000 and am about to go to okinawa japan again to look for some authentic jdm wheels. And plus a few other goodies. lol . What I am curious to know is if the CTR setup is an actual CTR setup that i bought it should be a direct bolt up with no modifications. However will i need the e-brake cable. I currently have a 4 disc setup. Any help is good help thanks.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted