4-more Days

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Feb 12 2003, 08:45 PM
If there was an import racing association that ran imports like they do nascar, most of you all would be drooling.

be on the lookout for imports competeing in nascar. there is now a toyota celica (#37) that is ranked #1 in the goody's dash series, and last year was only its first season!

08_jpg.jpg

Originally posted by rixXxceboy+Feb 13 2003, 03:14 AM-->
Domeskilla
@Feb 12 2003, 08:45 PM
If there was an import racing association that ran imports like they do nascar, most of you all would be drooling.

be on the lookout for imports competeing in nascar. there is now a toyota celica (#37) that is ranked #1 in the goody's dash series, and last year was only its first season!

08_jpg.jpg

Oh god... Okay, so they have it and i want to watch it goddamnit! I'll wait for it to get bigger and then go see the events. I wonder if there are any tech sites that have what engines and stuff they run. I know some of the nascar specs, so now i am curious about that series.

noright.com just went into my bookmarks. :)

I respect racing in just about all of its forms, but NASCAR has to be more boring to watch than the Powerwalking championships. I do respect Dale Earnhardt though, for having the courage to try to turn right. Unfortunately, there was a concrete wall there. :lol:

I agree with lsvtec, let's replace the drivers, pit crews AND camera crews with monkeys. It'll be infinitely more entertaining.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Feb 13 2003, 09:49 AM
I do respect Dale Earnhardt though, for having the courage to try to turn right. Unfortunately, there was a concrete wall there. :lol:

Muhahaha, that's evil....So is :
Q : What do Pink Floyd and Dale Earnhardt have in common?
A: Their last hit was the wall.

I am sure you meant no harm in laughing at someone who died doing what he loved, but it amazes me how people can laugh at him for it. I mean, he died doing what he loves and you have the stone heart to laugh at his death.

I dont care that you dont like NASCAR, but its sad that you can laugh at someone dieing. I bet you laughed at 911 also eh? I wouldn't be surprised by it.

pills that pic was seriously fucked up and not at all funny. i've got an idea...

let's put everybody on this site in a monkey suit (that seems to be the consensus of opinions) and let you hit a concrete wall head on at 180 mph and then come back and chat about it awhile......

It's a joke. Do you all get offended at racial jokes too? How about bad language on TV? Skirts above the knee? Christ, lighten up a little.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Feb 13 2003, 12:47 PM
It's a joke. Do you all get offended at racial jokes too? How about bad language on TV? Skirts above the knee? Christ, lighten up a little.

I take it you are talkn to me about that. I wasn't being a jackass or whatever you think. Racial jokes? depends, some yes b/c they are not right. Bad language on TV? Reaqd my posts, i think I cuss more then B does. Skirts above the knee? Only a fag would.

I dont need to lighten up any. Iam laid back, just didn't see the humor in saying "haha he died". You can show me the humor of it if you wish.

I have heard sveral Alex Zenardi (sp?) jokes since he lost his legs. I didn't blow a fuse. I know he is not dead, but he certainly won't be racing anymore.

It was just directed outward, not necessarily at anyone. I was exaggerating, but it's not like I was laughing at the fact that he died. If I need to explain my joke, I think it would have been funny regardless of his death. It's funny because NASCAR drivers don't know how to turn right, and when they do, they run into brick walls. I wasn't poking fun at his death, just his running into a wall.

I laughed at the Earnhardt joke. That...

A) Doesn't make me a racist.
B) Doesn't mean I laughed at 9/11.

I have little to no respect for NASCAR drivers. Honestly how much skill does it take to drive around on an oval track for 500 miles?

I much prefer Rally or at least Track drifting courses.
It still amazes me seeing RX-7's and Silvia's drifting side by side at 100 miles an hour around a turn.

Rally is hardcore driving. Have you ever seen a cockpit video of the shifting and steering that happens in those races? Rally cars have about a 1.6 wheel turn (lock to lock) and they use that shit all day long, while shifting through 6 gears, dumping going 90 around hairpin turns in the forest.

Most courses are changed for every event, and it takes two people (driver and co-driver) to compete, leaving a lot of trust in the guy who is saying "long slight left 4th 80 to jump to hairpin right 2nd 60".

Not "long straightaway to left 6th 180 to straightaway to left to straightaway to left....etc" lol.

It does not amaze me that 40 cars can form a line going around a left hand turn.

You have to see it in person to understad that it does take alot of skill to keep that up for a long period of time. Id like to see anyone of you get in a car and drive almost 200mph inches from the next car for 3 hours and see if you dont hit anything.

Originally posted by brc80@Feb 13 2003, 08:05 PM
You have to see it in person to understad that it does take alot of skill to keep that up for a long period of time. Id like to see anyone of you get in a car and drive almost 200mph inches from the next car for 3 hours and see if you dont hit anything.

It's boring man. I don't care that they're .0002 mm from the car in front of them .. and bs like that. Where is the action!? I don't want to have to wait 3 hours for a 50 car pileup. That's NOT fun.

Back