4 rotor RX7 ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i think its power band is falling off around 12-13k by the sound of it - rx7 is just like the s2k great rev capablities - highest reving rx7 before loosing power on this rx7 board i was reading was some where around 15k

Theoretically, the only reason the RX7 redlines at 9000 rpm is because of the accessory belts.

A stock 13B will go to 15k before the heat and inertia are too much, and it begins to warp. Without accessories, 12k is a reasonable redline for it.

The rotary will go as fast you can put fuel pressure into it - At some point it expands, the apex seals compress, and then it's metal-on-metal for about .00004 second before it detonates like a grenade.

-> Steve

:drool: Gawd.... damn....

I say we build a 6-rotor Quadra-turbo with "Limit Break*" capabilities... 2500 HP at the wheels y0!

*Final Fantasy 7

6 rotors and 4 turbos? Stupid idea.

6 rotors and 6 turbos = much better/easier.

*[Comic Book Guy] FF7, worst Fantasy ever [/Comic Book Guy]

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@Dec 16 2004, 10:54 AM
Wheel Hop This!

cw_rotors.jpg

[post=433170]Quoted post[/post]​

I'd rock it.

Originally posted by EXtremeAccord@Dec 18 2004, 03:56 AM
:drool: Gawd.... damn....

I say we build a 6-rotor Quadra-turbo with "Limit Break*" capabilities... 2500 HP at the wheels y0!

*Final Fantasy 7
[post=434046]Quoted post[/post]​

there is a british company that builds 6 rotor engines out of mostly mazda parts.

Back