4 speed on an si bad?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lil_red_si

ok here it goes......i bought an 89 crx si from this guy.....but i guess somewhere along the line the tranny went and replaced it with a 4 speed ( my guess from a civic std or wagovan) how bad does this affect performance wise....will i get better gas milage having a 4 speed than the 5 speed?....dosent really bother me just some random questions i guess.....lol.....thanx guys.....jdm fo life!!!!!

worse gas mileage
worse acceleration

there's no good reason to use it other than "it was there"

and please change your sig... thats really fucking annoying.

yeah, change your sig or i'll change it for you
:)

With a 4speed you might as well be driving a DX...actuallyI bet a DX would pull on you off the line

also, highway MPG = terrible

put the right tranny in it...you can buy one from a junkyard for $150 all day

i prolly will get the si tranny just wanted to know how bad this damn 4 speed was....oh well.....anyone selling a tranny for an si or would like to trade sum stuff for one? help would be appreciated

Quoted post[/post]]
i prolly will get the si tranny just wanted to know how bad this damn 4 speed was....oh well.....anyone selling a tranny for an si or would like to trade sum stuff for one? help would be appreciated
Hit the junkyard man, and ask around locally, usually D series transmissions get thrown away

MR. Si... dude... You need to hang out with the masters of Disasters for a bit :wink:

We'll show you the way.

I could argue the pro-4speed argument, but since you're local and I should be seeing more of you, I'll just show you with my transmission against an Si trans.... you'll see what's really up.

Quoted post[/post]]
MR. Si... dude... You need to hang out with the masters of Disasters for a bit :wink:

We'll show you the way.

I could argue the pro-4speed argument, but since you're local and I should be seeing more of you, I'll just show you with my transmission against an Si trans.... you'll see what's really up.

lol....some day this spring ill chill wit u guys at another swap meet.......i know alot o stuff bout hondas but trannys aint muh deal....masters of disaster ey......lol......we'll chill sumday soon :mrgreen:

Airjockie is the Pastor of Disaster and I'm the Deacon Defcon

lol.....ye claytons kool.....i hung out with him a few times.......anyone know when another ct swap meet might be in affect......some time in the spring?

IF it's that soon, I'll prolly have nothing but OEM shit around. springs, struts, seats and the like. I was thinking of bringing some shit with me to the MA meet (Shift knobs, wheels, tools)

I might just do it at every meet.

Back