4 To 5 Lug Conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

auggiereg

I have a 95 Civic DX with a 4 lug pattern and I want to convert it to a 5 lug pattern. What would I need to replace? Would it be possible to go to a junk yard and just get what I need? Pretty much I am asking if I could just replace the disks or would I need to replace the entire axels? I ask because I want to buy new wheels and all of the good ones I see are 5 lug patterns. Thanks for the help people.

most wheels are available in 4 or 5 lug patterns contact the place where you plan to buy the wheels for more info on this

you need to replace the entire asembly front and rear expect to pay $1000+ for this

If you want to do this swap so that you can get 5-lug rims, don't waste your time and money. To get the 5-lug conversion would be sweet, because you strengthen your suspension, and you add 4 wheel disc brakes. But to get a 5-lug conversion to fit rims would be crazy. Way to expensive and too big a headache to mess with. Rims are made with a universal lug configuration, so look around, save some money, and buy some universal lug rims.
But if you want to convert to 5-lug, you are going to need ITR (since it is the only compatible swap) hub assemblies, master cylinder, and brake booster. Not to mention a few other misc. things. Just a headache, but do what you feel is right for yourself.

I have the five lug conversion on my car and love it.But there are some down sides.

1.15 and 16 inch rims are few and far between unless you buy mugen,spoon,volk etc.Most rims in the 5x114 patern are 17" and up.
2.You cant run a 14" wheel.Like hx wheels.Rotors are too big.
3.Cant run under a 15 slick.

But the barakes are off the hook and the bling factor is off the meter.

So basicly if your going to stay on the street or road raace your go with the five lug conv.

But if your going to drag race your car and plan to some big power down then dont swapp it will hold you back in the long run.

Back