4 wire o2 in a 1993 cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pdqcrx

run the wires from the o2 to the ecu. Now when I looked at the chart to see where to plug in o2 sensor ground D22,12v power A25, and heater control A6 there are already wires in the plug. Was this car even thougth its a one wire still wired at the ecu for the four wire system? Should I just pull the wires out of the plug and put the ones I pulled in their place?? Thanks :blink:

No, definitely don't do that. D22 (sensor ground) and A25 (sensor voltage) are used for other sensors than just the o2 sensor, so pulling those wires will cause large problems for you. A6 I'm not too sure about, but I would almost suspect the same, unless your main harness is wired for it anyway, but I can't be sure about. Just cut all four of your wires into the existing ones that are there. Soldering is the best way, or use those three way clips you can buy at automotive stores, although I would recommend soldering first.

Ok so d22 and a25 are power and ground for all (or most) sensors so i just splice in for both. The sensor input is the one wire I orginally had. The A6 (or heater controll) is the only one in the harness that just dead ends so wire up to it and let her rip then???

Spliced in the hot wire (A25 White wire on the bosch) and ground (d22 Grey wire on bosch) used the original wire for sensor input(d14 Black on bosch) and run a wire for heater control (A6 White on bosch ). Now the car will run again but still code #1 )(&(*&)(^*( ####. This is a brand new bocsh universal. A buddy used one in his and it worked fine. What is the deal???? :mad:

your ecu wiring looks right, so double check your wiring at the bosch sensor. I've installed a bosch sensor before, and sometimes their wiring instructions are pretty damn vague. Only other possibility is that your engine is either running so rich or so lean that the ecu can't compensate for the mixture, and therefore throwing code 1. I really hope I'm wrong on that one, and that's not the case. Seems highly unlikely though as you're in the process of wiring in a new o2. What kind of engine is in your car now???? Reason for asking, I can double check my bosch sensor wiring, but it's for an H22, so wire colors may be different for different engines. Not sure on that. My bosch sensor is white, blue, black, black.

Mine ran like shit when I first did mine. The directions SUCKED. Make sure that you have the 4-wire O2 sensor wired up right. I ended up having to switch the white and blue from how I originally had it, and then it worked like a charm.

Back