40 Below Summer V. Beastie Boys

Who is better?

• 2. Beastie B

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

I am just curious. I love 40 Below Summer. Along with others... if you arent fond of either of these please feel free, I am in to trying new music, thats how i stumbled upon 40 Below Summer.

this makes the torque V HP poll look like a good idea

EDIT: I mean come on I like Heavy music more then Rap but this is just a dumb question. It's like asking who's better Joe Montana or Michael Vik? Vik might rule but he's not a legend.

first of all, Ive never even heard 40 below crap or whatever thier called, but you cant EVER compare any band to the beastie boys, here i offer an unbiased comparason between the two

1. Beastie Boys - been around since the beginning of time, single ( or triple, whatever) handedly making it cool to be hard punk and white rap all at the same time

40 blows summer....who cares

2. Beastie Boys - Have more cd's lp's and mix tapes combined that proves they can crap out an awesome song in like two seconds, and they have mario c, come on , he likes to keep it clean

i forgot the name of the other band, but im geussing they have 3 cd's TOPS and they probably ALL SUCK

3. Beastie Boys- ALWAYS 5 years at least ahead of their time...dont believe me? they had heart attack man, and tough guy out waaaaaaaaaay before i was born, helping pave the way for the punk scene in american, then they used their awesome super powers to see into the future and determine what a cheap sold out thing punk would turn into one day and ditched it for rap, wich was so not in at that time, but they didnt car, cuz they knew if they did it, it would become AWESOME , and it did.

in conclusion, the beastie boys are right under Jesus when it comes to me being their biggest fan, thank you.

:werd:

beastie boys are the shit.

hello nasty was probably my favorite.

well, that or paul's boutique.

well guess my vote goes toward the Beasties, not sure who the hel the other band is or what type of music they play.

Originally posted by civicious@Dec 9 2003, 11:16 PM
:werd:

beastie boys are the shit.

hello nasty was probably my favorite.

well, that or paul's boutique.

while i am amazed that another soul on planet earth has heard/owns pauls boutique, i offer my arguement, check your head was the the best, i think they wre really at their peak ( even though their peak was all the time) with " pass the mic" and " root down".

Beastie Boys get my vote. i remember hearing Fight For Your Right when it first aired and have liked the Beasties ever since. my fave album by them is perhaps Pauls Boutique. a few cool Beastie rare cuts to get are: Boomin Granny and She's On It :thumbsup:

I bought " the skillz to pay the billz" video in the 6th grade, it freakin owns, hardly anyone knows there was a video for " hey ladies" , hah, what a truely epic song, HEY LADIES!!! get funky * cowbell rings*

i remember when fight for your right first came out on the radio.

it was on WCCC.... still the only station that kicks ass....

god im old.

Originally posted by civicious@Dec 9 2003, 11:04 PM
who's 40 Below Summer?

:withstupid:

but I still haven't listened to the beastie boys since I was a senior in high school (2 and a half years ago) ...and even then their cd had been out for 10 years. :blink:

There are so many better white rappers than the Beastie Boys. I really think they're played out. Their voices are grating and annoying and their music isn't innovative at all. But, given the choice, I think the Beastie Boys are the better choice because I heard a 40 Below Summer song on Backyard Wrestling and it licked asshole.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Dec 10 2003, 02:25 PM
I heard a 40 Below Summer song on Backyard Wrestling and it licked asshole.

eat a dick homo. you obviouslt dont appreciate good. scratch that, awesome fuckin music

Originally posted by LeanMeanMarine+Dec 10 2003, 11:50 AM-->
dohch22a4
@Dec 10 2003, 02:25 PM
I heard a 40 Below Summer song on Backyard Wrestling and it licked asshole.

eat a dick homo. you obviouslt dont appreciate good. scratch that, awesome fuckin music

Dude, don't have a period over nothing, that's my opinion and you can eat a whole bowl of dicks if you are going freak out about it. And if you're real hungry, you can have seconds.

As far as good music, 40 Below may be good in your eyes; however, their music just doesn't appeal to me. I think they lick asshole- deal with it. I don't know good music, huh? Have you ever heard of Johnny Hahn, Joe Satriani, Liquid Tension Experiment, Demeux Borgir? Any of those? How about Eric Johnson, Twiztid, Deicide, or Half-Pint? Here's a couple of more well-knowns for ya: Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Sublime, Primus, Linkin Park, Mudvayne, Slipknot, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Tom Petty, Nine Inch Nails, Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton/Cream, B.B. King, Tool, Van Halen, System of a Down; how about any of those small-time guys, huh?

Don't open your big mouth when something as subjective as a musical preference surfaces, Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ. I disagree with something you like. Big deal. And if you can't accept the fact that there are people who are going to do so, then you can fuck off and grow up. :roll:

Back