400 hp b18b build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

plus, i want to have vtec in both my cars. the beater, and the nice car. and by nice car, i mean my accord. F23 a woot.

I assume you are using ENDYN posts, why not get their block girdle as well? These two things should provide adequate bottom-end strength considering the potential revs that engine will see, as well as the amount of boost you're throwing at it. Performance per dollar gives a thumbs up to those two compared to sleeves, IMO.

BTW, the correct term is ENGINE, a motor is ELECTRICALLY powered, engine's power our cars ;)

MSD is the ONLY choice for ignition upgrades, which you may need for your setup. The only other thing I can recommend would be coil-on-plug (not coil-packs, that's different than coil-on-plug), which would then give you infinite spark potential. I've not got much to say beyond that except that it would behoove you to check with a Honda Bike dealership and price out the cost of the main pieces there ;) Beyond that, research is your friend.

Don't forget, you'll need a MAP sensor capable of handling this engine, look for the Motorola 2.5 bar, GM 3 bar bows to it.

A word of advice, I'd put more focus into your fuel\oil\spark than the long-block. All of us can list of how we'd like to build ours with an unlimited budget, and they would all handle a lot of abuse, but most forget that these dream-engines still need excellence in oil\fuel\spark delivery to work\last\make power.

glhf!

This May Sound Stupid But How Do I Start A New Thread Im New To This

go to the forum for your question (if you wanna put an engine into your teg, your gonna be looking to go to the integra section or the Hybrid -> DC section).

Once there click the New Thread button towards the top.

It will not be easy but it definitely possible.... I am hoping to get into the 300hp club. I am doing an LS/VTEC setup with every possible thing done... I would suggest that you go with OBX cams, they are the biggest/best cams for integra/hondas... look at the lift and duration specs... Stage 3... I have some for sale if you are interested... brand new!O I changed my mind 400hp should not be too hard if you do it right... especially pushing 18-20 psi

Looks like you have a great plan going, I don't know if you need to do the valve train though if you are running a turbo,. The stress on the engine goes up at the square of the RPM, you don't need to spin it higher just run a bit more boost. Posting the block is a solid way for added stability while you are there he also has great diy guides for porting your heads which I did. From dyno work that has been done I am running GSR cams in the turbo engine and you can find a set real cheap, from all the people who have to have obx or skunk cams out there. When I built my current engine I port matched everything and or ported every part of the engine as I put it together, by doing all the little things it adds up in the long run to a much stronger engine. And if you are in an area with E85 I would convert to it, you got to love 105 octane pump gas.

couple questions, what does posting your block mean, and the other thing that guy was talking about the grill or something? Also does sleeving refer to your piston sleeves? sorry for the dumb questions, im rebuilding a B18C and im just trying to learn as much as i can...thanks!

Posting is adding "posts" they are screws that are made out of the same material as the block and screwed into the block and help hold the liner in place limiting distortion as the engine runs. Sleeving is the liner that the pistons run in, as in resleeving....

Looking to build a turbod b18 myself but not sure on what internals to use looking to figure it all out willing to spend the money and looking to get the same amount of hp really need some input if you guys dont mind sharing

This thread is 11 years old...

what's your HP goal?

stock is good for 275-300 ish with proper supporting mods and a little bit of risk. a little more reliability, somewhere around 250 you want to start changing it up to something stronger/forged.

Back