400hp suggestions please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrandonTyler

I have a d16z6 motor with wiseco/eagle h piston rod set up, micro polished OEM crankshaft, y8 cylinder head with a 260 compcam camshaft, supertech 60lb seat valve springs, and titanium retainers. E-bay turbo set up. Trying to reach 400hp where do I go from here?

not going to happen with a ebay turbo setup. 300whp would be a more realistic goal, and even that isnt really easy with a D series. ever driven a civic with 300whp? its about all you can really use without slicks.

I do plan on upgrading my turbo set up, I was looking for other things that could be done till I save the money for a reputable ball barring turbo. Like a bigger throttle body? Or can that not be done till my intake manifold is better

400hp may be a little far stretched. I guess all I am really wanting is enough to out run an S.T.I. is that possible with a d16

yes, it is possible. but a civic with more than 250hp is pretty useless. and don't buy stuff now just to replace it. by the time you make your civic 400hp, you will have spent enough to just buy an sti.

Well that's the thing. I make pretty good money, but my credit score isn't good enough for a loan for an S.T.I. and saving the money to buy one outright would take forever..

You really think with what I've already got, out running an sti is still too far off financially?

i think if your credit score sucks so bad adn you really do make enough money, you might want to spend your cash on something other than a honda engine.

Yeah I get what your saying. But my credit score isn't BAD, its no 650, but it could use some help. I'm finally making enough to take care of that, save some and still have some play money. So I figured I'd start a project. So what i really need is more advice about my build and automotive goals and less lecturing about my current credit situation.

Don't do it - by a Corvette or Viper. That will give you a great ride with 500hp you can really use and have resale value.

Yeah 400whp on a D16 will be tough but not impossible and will be to much for the street. 250-300whp is more than enough and will run 13s. You will need a sleeved block for reach 400whp, did not see sleeves in your parts list. A good flowing turbo mani and intake mani will be needed and a much better turbo than a ebay t3/t4 run of the mill turbo. A large 3inch+ exhaust will be needed as well as a large efficient intercooler. I would do at least 750cc injectors. A Hondata S300 for tuning. Personly Just go for 250-280 with your setup and see how you like it. You will find that it will be a really fast car with just that and will be able to take out pretty much anything on the street with it.

Back