401(k) Peeps...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
How much did you make over the past year in your 401(k)?

Did you do well? Did it flop?

As far as me...I did outstanding!

I made over $3700 bucks this year, putting 6% into it out of my own pocket and the company matching 3% of that. I am averaging approx 28.6% Rate of return.

Once I get another raise in May I'll up my contribution to 12% into which the company will match their max of 12% :)

Hello early retirement :)

yeah I'm doin pretty good as well

Rate of Return for the period beginning July 18, 2002 and ending December 29, 2003 is 18.45%

Rate of Return for the period beginning January 1, 2003 and ending December 29, 2003 is 21.42%

I need to get a 401k, my company has one set up for me, but I probably won't make the 5 years to get vested in the company.

yeah Jeef I got lucky I guess I've been with the company 8 years and the 401(k) was just started in 2002, you need to be with the company 5 years to be 100% vested, They made the vesting option retroactive to the date of hie so I was 100% vested when the program started.

well, I dump $50 a week into it, and the company drops $25 as their match....I can't afford the $126 max that I can put in it, and they would match at 50%.....interest...is normal.

me payment for one year= $2,600
the company pay's into it= $1,300
---------------------------------------------
$3,900

not bad for one year...

Back