401(k)....w00t!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
CHeck out my YTD return :)

Sorry about the size of the pic...

401k.jpg

EDIT: Who else contributes to their 401(k)?

that's a killer gain.
here's a history of mine

Jul 15 02 - Sept 30 02 - -11.91%
Oct 1 02 - Dec 31 02 - +3.80%
Jan 1 03 - Mar 30 03 - -1.59%
April 1 03 - June 30 03 - +9.49%

So overall I'm down -0.21% a quite balance account.
plus I have a SEP IRA that's doing quite well.

I think I'm gonna change my holding to be a little bit more agressive.

HOw much are you contributing?

I am currently at 6% with the company matching half that at 3%

since I get paid once a month and the amount changes a little from month to month I contribute a fixed $125 a month and my company matches that 100%, so my 401(k) is getting $250 deposited monthly

I forget what the actual company contribution matches are

thats a good deal :)

I can contribute up to 30% of my pay with the company matching up to 16% of that amount. Once I get another raise Ill be dumping another 1 or 2 percent *depending on how much a raise will be* I plan to have at lease a MILLION in there by the time I Retire, plus I have a fully paid pension as well, which not to many companies still offer. Hopefully abbie and i will be all set when we get into our prime!

my estimated network of my 401(k) at age 67 will be $1Mil+ and my wife has a 401(k) that will be worth about $700K when she's 67 giving us about a $90K a year to live off. and then I also am fully vested in my company which has a pension plan as well. so I'll be living pretty well later in life.

How did you figure that out? Is there a financial calculator that I could use to be able to do some quick math?

yeah thru the company that runs our 401(k) stuff they have a calculator avaliable on their site, but it's not avaliable to the public, only after I log in

I tried searching for one where mine is located but nothing :( Oh well...

So we have three poeple on hodnaswap that contribute to 401(k)...go us.

I don't contribute on my own, I know I should. My company puts 6% of my earnings into a 401k. Say if I made 100k a year I would get 6k put into the 401k, and it doesnt come out of my pay. The only thing is I will probably lose it, I do not plan on staying with my company for another 4 years to be vested. I have a good feeling that I won't live past 65, going on family history, so I haven't been too serious about investing.

Damn y0, nice return number. I forget what mine is, it's not good. It's not a 401(k), it's an IRA. I contribute $30 a month, with my company matching that.

My company matches the first 5%, then gives 75% on the next 5% and 50% on the rest.

I need to get signed up for 401(k) this year, dammit. Apparently I'm not going anywhere. ;)

Back