1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

450cc running like garbage

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by breed, May 1, 2004.

1. breed

breed Senior Member

whats up I installed my 450cc injectors, wired up a resistor box . but the car runs like shit. it would not idle at all and had to tune it with my safc just to keep it running. I checked out drop shop and my numbers are way lower than his. my 1000 rpm is set at -17 anything else and the car idles to ruff. right now I idle at 550-600. my af ratio gauge reads really rich at idle and when I'm driving it doesant cycle it just stays in the rich and only goes stoich sometimes when i decelerate. does anyone know whats up?

2. beerbongskickass

beerbongskickass Senior Member

3. breed

breed Senior Member

if I lower my 1000 rpm range that low to like -35 my car stalls.

4. beerbongskickass

beerbongskickass Senior Member

The AFC takes fuel away. I am guessing it's idling like shit because your dumping too much fuel in at -17 because it's only taking 17% fuel out of your 450cc injectors. I have never used and AFC so I can't help you too much, but maybe somebody that has one can chime in and help out further.

5. Airjockie

Airjockie Watanabe Whore!!!

yeah man, youre going to want to be in the -30's for most the band. 17 is way to little of a cut for the larger injector.

-B at claytons
    -

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted