450's install in H23

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KyleCrews

So this kinda sucks. I was supposed to be putting my turbo kit that I've been piecing together on my prelude this weekend but know I don't think I'll make the dead line. I installed the 450's this weekendand it all sealed perfect no fuel leaks. I set the SAFC II to:

800 -40
1400 -39
2000 -38
2600 -37
3200 -36
3800 -36
4400 -36
5000 -36
5600 -36
6200 -36
7000 -36

The H23 has 240cc injectors just like almost every other honda so these settings should have got me close to good readings. The car is stock except for CAI. On the PLX m300 the car was idiling at 16.**. I had to turn the fuel up to around -33% at idle to get the wideband to read stoich. I let the car run for a while at these settings and smelled the exhaust didn't look or smell rich. I was still not happy with what the readings were telling me since I had to richen it up so much and the math does not add up here so I cut the car off and put the original injectors back in. Switched files so I was at 0 correctio and cranked the car again and the wb read stoich at idle and all the right readings when I got on the gas so I don't think that the WB is off calibration. The injectors look like any other 240cc honda injectors I've ever seen and the dsm's are blue tops so I'm sure they are 450's. Any ideas why it needed so much fuel.

That doesn't make sense, you put larger injectors into your engine, and you had to INCREASE the duty cycle??? If injectors are the only thing changed the injectors are the problem. I would think that they are clogged and need to be cleaned out. There is a great shop on the net that has good prices. I will post up the link when I get a moment to access my computer at home.

First i turned down the injectors to -40% because 450-45%=248cc plus you have to compensate for latency with the bigger injectors so -40% should have had me running a little rich but thats what every other honda tuner uses for a base with 240cc injectors and stock engine. The car ran pretty stable at idle. I didn't rev it up mainly because I was scared to running at -33% at idle but it ran ok, no black smoke, and didn't smell rich and the a/f ratios on the WB were pretty stable but the reading bounces around anyway( does anyone know how stable it should be at idle because even with the stock injectors the ratio bouces around a bit). If any of this doesn't sound right then someone please let me know. Do you really think that the injectors are clogged and thats why I had to turn them up so much. Also one of the black tips was cracked on the end so I popped the whole thing off. Should matter I know but I though I would metion it.

It won't affect the fuctionality of the of injector; it was just a plastic guard to protect the tip. YES i do think your injectors are seriously clogged. Its like 60 - 80 to get them professionally cleared, and I think it is well worth it.

Damn thats double what I paid for them. Well I guess you get what you pay for. Do you think it would be worth it to try to get a set of 2g dsm's for around 40 since mine are 1g and early one's at that. I know I would still have a chance of getting another set of bad injectors but 2g are less likely to have problems. Thanks.

I just install my injectors last night again and had to turn the low thr. all the way up to -28 at idie after the car warmed up and slowly went up to 25 by 4 grand then 25 on out. On the high thr I set it around -36 all the way accross and my cross over point to 30 and 40. I tried 75/76 crossover point but at 40 to 60 % thr the car was going up to 10.** A/F. I played around with different crossover points and A/F settings till I got the one above and I found that one and now anything below 30 to 40 % thr I'm at 14.** and then 30 to 40% and above at 13.** to 12.** and I'm at 12.** at WOT and 14.7 at idle. Before I put the injectors in I ran the car with the WB to see what the A/F ratios should run at all rmps and then put the injectors in and I was able to make it run almost like stock within about two hours. I still have a little more tuning to do to get it just right but the car is running pretty good right now

Back