.48 vs. .60 a/r

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Red Civic LS-T

.48 vs. .63 a/r

I have a 92 Civic CX hatch with a bone stock JDM B18B and a JDM B16 LSD transmission. Currently, I am running a T3/T04B turbo with a 50-trim compressor wheel and .48 exhaust. I will be upgrading soon to a T3/T04E turbo with a 57-trim compressor. When I buy the new turbo, should I stick with a .48 exhaust or move up to a .63? This car is mostly street-driven, with some occasional trips to the drag strip and autocross track.

After installing the new turbo, I will go back to the dyno and get re-tuned. Will I notice a significant power gain with the .63? How much longer will it take to spool this turbo? I have a 2.5" downpipe (no cat) and a 3" catback.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Last edited:
i'd go with the 63 regardless. the spool time is maybe 2-300 rpms difference. and with your b16 tranny, you won't fall out of boost range on shifts.

I do agree with the .63 a/r

Your spool times will probably be about the same with a 3" turbo back as the .48 a/r on a 2.5" exhaust honestly. It's all about flowing the CFM's.

Back