4dr EF b18b, throwing code sometimes.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ne3ek

Everynow and then the car throw the "fuel suppy system" code, Meaning something is wrong in the fuel supply system.. lol is this something common? And easy fix? It only goes on sometimes, and It really tweaks me out. how am I suppossed to check over the entire system? thanks

I dont understand what that could be. Try changin your fuel filter and see if that fixes it. How many miles are on your car? Over 180K I imagine...

Originally posted by B16CRX@Feb 20 2005, 07:17 PM
I dont understand what that could be. Try changin your fuel filter and see if that fixes it. How many miles are on your car? Over 180K I imagine...
[post=463567]Quoted post[/post]​

about 130k on the chasis

check to make sure there are no slow leaks anywhere. change your fuel filter, get a new gas cap, and throw some fuel injection cleaner in the tank.

how do you need a water pump for a superbeetle? they are aircooled and started production in 1970 or 1971.

Originally posted by sk8er602@Feb 21 2005, 09:55 AM
i was refuring to b16racern2nr's sig.
[post=463791]Quoted post[/post]​

hahahahahahahaha

also, as far as the post question, make sure you are not leaking any fuel from your injector seals. If the ECU notices a huge pressure drop, it will throw a code for fuel system.

Originally posted by hybrid89+Feb 21 2005, 12:40 PM-->
@Feb 21 2005, 09:55 AM
i was refuring to b16racern2nr's sig.
[post=463791]Quoted post[/post]​

hahahahahahahaha

also, as far as the post question, make sure you are not leaking any fuel from your injector seals. If the ECU notices a huge pressure drop, it will throw a code for fuel system.
[post=463872]Quoted post[/post]​

hrm ya it only seems to throw when we're on the highway though. it's wierd.

so at idle with ur hood open it doesnt shoot fuel out anywhere? make sure you look under your car as well.

Originally posted by B16CRX@Feb 21 2005, 09:56 PM
so at idle with ur hood open it doesnt shoot fuel out anywhere? make sure you look under your car as well.
[post=464274]Quoted post[/post]​

no not at all, and not while im cruising, it only turns on on the highway.

Back