1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4dr sway bar install

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by hondadriver, Aug 18, 2004.

1. hondadriver

hondadriver Member

I did some research on sway bars, to see the cons and pros of them. And i found almost all pros. I thought they were no big deal like strut bars. Since i got my strut bar I felt Alittle difference. but what i'm hearing about sway bars is that they make a HUGE difference. and thats what i want. But like all other civics except (Si's) I don't have a rear sway bar. When I go shopping around for sway bars I see in the pictures, of how they mount. I can see where the 2 inner mounting clamps bolt too, BUT how do the ends bolt to the lower control arms. I have the helms manual and there is a picture of how the sway bar mounts to the lower control on an si. It shows that the sway bar bolts to a "stabalizer link" then to the lca. Do I need that stablizer link, or is there another way of mounting it.

I now alot of people installed sway bars on there ek, so can you PLEASE give me some info on how to install them.

And i plan on buying a Suspension Techniques rear sway bar. My suspension consists of no name strut bar, aerospeed coilovers, and RED shocks, ingalls front camber kit.. Alittle, alittle bouncy but I love my suspension.

Plesase give me useful info, so that I can order my sway bar ASAP. Thanks!!!!

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

If you go with an OEM sway bar or a swaybar that uses stock mounting points, then your going to need some SI or aftermarket LCA's. Some kits like the Progressive swaybar mounts on the ends of the lca's.

3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

I have an Eibach kit on my sedan. The car came with no sway bars in stock form, and I didn't have to change out any of my LCAs to mount the kit. The bars all mount with clamps.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted