4dr sway bar install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I did some research on sway bars, to see the cons and pros of them. And i found almost all pros. I thought they were no big deal like strut bars. Since i got my strut bar I felt Alittle difference. but what i'm hearing about sway bars is that they make a HUGE difference. and thats what i want. But like all other civics except (Si's) I don't have a rear sway bar. When I go shopping around for sway bars I see in the pictures, of how they mount. I can see where the 2 inner mounting clamps bolt too, BUT how do the ends bolt to the lower control arms. I have the helms manual and there is a picture of how the sway bar mounts to the lower control on an si. It shows that the sway bar bolts to a "stabalizer link" then to the lca. Do I need that stablizer link, or is there another way of mounting it.

I now alot of people installed sway bars on there ek, so can you PLEASE give me some info on how to install them.

And i plan on buying a Suspension Techniques rear sway bar. My suspension consists of no name strut bar, aerospeed coilovers, and RED shocks, ingalls front camber kit.. Alittle, alittle bouncy but I love my suspension.

Plesase give me useful info, so that I can order my sway bar ASAP. Thanks!!!!

If you go with an OEM sway bar or a swaybar that uses stock mounting points, then your going to need some SI or aftermarket LCA's. Some kits like the Progressive swaybar mounts on the ends of the lca's.

I have an Eibach kit on my sedan. The car came with no sway bars in stock form, and I didn't have to change out any of my LCAs to mount the kit. The bars all mount with clamps.

Back