4g63 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I go out to Kent once in a while, but its startin to get pretty crazy. Maybe ill head out there on one of the first good nites this summer, you should PM me when you get that car done and take it out there. GL with the rest of the swap.

dude that swap is gonne be hella sick. iam a dsm and a honda owner. i have a 95 tsi awd. the wiring is gonna be a biiiiiaaaaaatch. iam very familiar with dsm cars. iam glad to hear that you are swapping in a 6 bolt not a 7 bolt due to the notorious crankwalk problem. have you tried the website VFAQ Site - Visual Frequently Answered Questions it has alot of info on 1g and 2g dsms. keep us all posted i want to know how its all going.

good luck

secrets -

the 4g 1.5 (F5M21) 5-speed transmission with an OEM rebuild will hold 300WHP for a long while. bolts up to the 4g63t using the 4g63 n/a flywheel and clutch. ACT makes a clutch.

plus you will gain some space back and take some weight off using the smaller,lighter 1.5 transmission.

welcome.

Hey man.. I You know I'll be helping you on this project. I'll be doing some research on the wiring.. and give it a try. Wiring is only a little piece of copper transferring data from point A to point B. I'm sure it can't be too hard. :)

-Jason

Hey 253phantom,

Are the mounts the same in an eg and ek?

What about the C.e.l??? No clue.
Aaron

The mounts are different from an eg to the ek. You will need to do some research for mounting it into an ek. As for the CEL, you should be able to check for codes just as you would in a Talon.. But since I don't know Talons very well.. I'm not too sure.

-Jason

OMG looking at that engine bay, even though it's a clean one, reminds me how horribly convoluted DSMs are. They are such a nightmare to work on.

4g63 civic

i have the 4g63 civic ,its harder that i looks,the axels are the hardest part,making sure they are lined up and and in and out just right,i paid 1000.00 for the axels to be machined to fit the honda hubs,then the wirring i another story,i have a guy that does the wirring

I think people are exaggerating how difficult the wiring will be. It seems very straight forward.

Back