4g63

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

socalcivic

I really cant aford any b series motors, so why not go with something diffrent like a 4G63. My evo8 got great resuslts with ecu,turbo back exhaust and camgears. So i was thinking maybe i could put a 4G63 in my ef hb do you think its possible?

alex

Originally posted by socalcivic@Sep 4 2003, 07:05 PM
I really cant aford any b series motors, so why not go with something diffrent like a 4G63. My evo8 got great resuslts with ecu,turbo back exhaust and camgears. So i was thinking maybe i could put a 4G63 in my ef hb do you think its possible?

alex

:ph34r: :wall: :roll: :tisk: I don't forsee you getting much in the way of positive responses to this, do a search though, it has come up recently.

yes it can be done... and has been done... by whom i do not recall, but i know its been done

i believe they used a auto fwd 4g63, only diference is they had to change the whole front suspension to make it work

as for your EVO, i also own an evo, which exhaust and ECU did you go with... exhaust is the biggest factor in the EVO along with the upper portion of the IC pipe due to all the bends... but the 8 itself has a bunch more restrictions vs the 7 in japan

PS: my bad for the thread jackin

Why do you think it's going to be cheaper to put a DSM engine into a Civic rather than dropping a B-series in there? OK, the engine itself may be cheaper, but I can only imagine the time, money, and headaches that are going to go along with the swap. I'd think it would take insanely longer and cost much more than just purchasing a B-series and getting that running.

i have a vishnu stage one package, that conists of samco silicon hoses, xede ecu,down pipe,exhaust, and camgears its f'ing fast as hell it proably does the 1320 in under 13.

thanks for the info im gonna do some more research

alex ;)

Originally posted by socalcivic@Sep 4 2003, 12:17 PM
i have a vishnu stage one package, that conists of samco silicon hoses, xede ecu,down pipe,exhaust, and camgears its f'ing fast as hell it proably does the 1320 in under 13.

thanks for the info im gonna do some more research

alex ;)

hey where in so cal you at? so i can invite you to the next meet up the so cal guys go to... i think were going to the races in torrance to laugh at ricers next thursday... hit me up on a PM

peace

im in newport, what color do you have, i saw a yellow one in tustin today im on aim sometimes my sn is xthedeathdealorx have you ever been to evolutionm.net

alex

Originally posted by socalcivic@Sep 4 2003, 12:46 PM
im in newport, what color do you have, i saw a yellow one in tustin today im on aim sometimes my sn is xthedeathdealorx have you ever been to evolutionm.net

alex

yeah i go once in awhile to see if any new products have been released... i have a silver evo

i only have the buschur racing filter and small battery conversion for now... as for the exhaust and other up grades, im getting them custom made by road race and my buddy who specializes in mitsubishi tuning

i think it'd be funny when i blow off a corvette with a honda, plus if i mess up there's a good chance i could find replacement parts, thats why

alex :roll:

Originally posted by jeff@Sep 4 2003, 04:20 PM
If you want a dsm engine, then buy a dsm.

:werd: :withstupid:

If you're gonna go through all that trouble, why not just put in an SR20...???
You know they pull a premium the week before race wars...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sr20 i dont think i can fit in that engine bay let alone a sr20 haha, that would be pretty chills if i can find out how to swap a 4g63 in a honda i still havent found any info though wish me luck

alex :D

If you're gonna go through all that trouble, why not just put in an SR20...???
You know they pull a premium the week before race wars...

fucking LoL man, gotta love FNF quotes.

I got a ton of them.
My favorite is: "Bullshit, asshole! Noone likes the tuna here!"
Fuckin' priceless.
You have to read them all shitty, like they did in the movie.

Originally posted by khrisb@Sep 6 2003, 06:20 PM
I got a ton of them.
My favorite is: "Bullshit, asshole! Noone likes the tuna here!"
Fuckin' priceless.
You have to read them all shitty, like they did in the movie.

Stop fucking post whoring. This is a tech forum. You have been told a few times already to keep stupid shit like this out of the tech forums, and preferably off of the site. You rarely, and I mean rarely have anything relevant or meaningful to add. I guess I am just sick of your post whoring.
:newbie: :newbie: :newbie: :newbie: :newbie: :newbie:

Also PM's are useful for asking people personal questions that aren't relevant to the topic. Please keep on topic.

Originally posted by socalcivic@Sep 4 2003, 01:05 PM

alex

Wow....just...wow.

Juse because an engine is cheap dosen't mean it should go in a car it's not designed for. I'm not going to throw in an F-100 truck engine from the 70s because it's cheaper. This just in : Hondas are NOT the fastest cars in the world. If you want a Mitsubishi engine, get a Mistuibishi.

And as for KhrisB asking about the 13's :

B18a(91) CAI/E, Gutted, Future 13 second all motor LS is not going to get 13's.

a B18A with 2 mods will not run 13's unless you have 4 wheels, a chassis, an engine, and a tranny and a steering wheel.

He said he was gonna be doing some work to it a couple weeks ago. I was just wondering if he ran it since then. I already pmed him too.

You dont have to respond to everything. I want to make your post count -999999999

I think it was Buschar Racing who had a 4G63 into a CRX and ran somewhere in the 8s.. Anyway, last time ive heard, rumored they ditched the motor and went with a S2000 to keep the Honda fans happy, but i doubt it, since all ive been hearing from them is "we have the quickest and fastest DSM on the planet." But i agree with the others.. Why again a DSM? You said if it broke, itd be easier to fix, but the Bseries engine has tons and tons of parts for it.. So i think a Bseries would be easier to fix... anyway, just my two cents

Back