4k rpm idle problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrvanparys

I have a 94 del sol with a d16y8. I got in my car this morning, started it up and it began to idle at 4000 rpm. i've had a check engine light #43 (fuel supply system) for a couple weeks now, but it didnt start doing this until this morning. any ideas as to what the problem is would be appreciated
Thanks

checl the TPS throttle postion sensor make sure it isn't broke. then try adjusting the idle down. the adjust screw should be on the Throttle body.

DArin

Originally posted by DTEC@Aug 15 2003, 12:59 PM
definitely a vacuum line

:werd:
your idle screw will not back out that much to let you idle like that. get that fuel problem taken care of too.

how do you check all the vacuum lines ? do you use a special tool to check pressure or ? My idle jumps from 1k to 2k over and over again.

having them all hooked up correctly is the biggest thing. I dont know about a special tool to check pressure, you can usually hear it or feel it if you run your hand down the fittings.

hey guys,
I checked all my vacuum line and my TPS with a voltmeter, they all checked out. when I unplugged my IACV the rpm's dropped and began to bounce up and down around 1000 rpm. plugging it back in caused the idle to jump way up again. I was wondering if these are signs that my IAVC is sticking.
Thanks

Back