4th anual HS x-mass drive

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
Can't believe it, but this will be the 4th year we do this!!

Any ideas for a charity/group to get a donation drive set up for?

In the past we did foodshare, medical/cancer funds, etc.

"I like my women like I enjoy my shrimp. Battered."

All joking aside, I think if we're doing a crimmus donation it should be to a charity that can really use the money around holiday times.

What do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes?

Nothing, she's already been told twice :p

/hijack

MS is fun....

And I thought living with a woman who had permanate PMS was fun...it got better when she got MS. 10 years together, she's clean as a whistle, doesn't smoke, no drugs, no bad habits except anally retentive when it comes to cleaning the house. One day she had a headache, and the next day she woke up and couldn't walk. Her right leg was dead, and her left leg was numb...and she couldn't walk. weeks go by, many tests, many doctors and they finally found over 9 lesions in her brain. Sad part is..she's Japanese, and they are the most unlikely candidates to get it.

We're going to have to live the rest of our lives together wondering whats going to happen with the next attack...she could end up blind, in a wheelchair, lose her memory, lose all motor control, or be a cranky, bitchy, sleepy woman constantly....and it can happen to anyone...unexpectantly...

Cancer...they've found cures for most of them.
Aids..welp...you shouldn't be doing people IdB's.
The poor...I pay enough for their welfare each week, and they are still poor. Maybe if they got a job or did something besides leach from others...then I might care.
GOP...no comment...
Religious Charities...how much actually goes to charity? They don't pay taxes.

I have donated before...when I had the money, and sometimes I don't even care for other or most charities...but MS hit close to home for me. Too close. Nothing worse than walking the dog with the wife one day, and the next day wondering if she'll ever walk again. Then the realization kicks in that you will have to care for her, treat her, help her as much as you can...and in todays living economy...also working your ass off to cover bills that never end.

I know the MS Society gets about $50 mil a year for research, but if I can contribute to let one doctor have another hour of research or testing to develop a cure...then I'll jump on this with what I can afford to donate.

And to think...3 months ago...I had no idea what MS was.....

Donations to NORD. NORD - National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc.

Company is in Danbury CT. They are in lots of financial troubles. MS is pilotted by Micheal J Fox out of NORD, and Aids research is piloted out by Paul Michael Glaser (Starsky!). Since the drop of Medicare plan D, NORD took a huge government financing hit, but still provide services and financial services for sufferers of rare and not-well-understood diseases that normally get passed over by larger "more sexier" diseases.

I can arrange that donation, and prolly get a picture, handshake for B and a plaque for Hondaswap.

and maybe B can meet this cute chick that works there :)

i say somthin to do with kids, it is xmass and it is kinda a kids holiday. make some kids year and allow him to get some toys

<--- more broke than a fuckin joke this month. :(

Back