4Th Gen H22A swap Info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B20aLuDeR

First timer... Im about to purchase a 4th gen prelude. I was wondering if the H22a fits on "all" the preludes including the prelude S . I wanted an SI because it has the H23a1 so it sounds like a simple swap it sounds like a drop in. But im not sure about the f22a1. Also does the S and SI have smaller brake callipers and rotors than the real 4th gen vtec? I heard it does. Thats a good thing though I have a set of brake callipers and rotors from my buddys 4th gen front clip he bought when we did his H22a swap to his 91 accord. :D

Thanks for the info. Do you think I can use a P28 Ecu on the 4th gen. My friend told me that it makes more power because it avoids the Bull Sh!t sensors, also you need to get it chipped.

The USDM vtec brakes are different too. The vtecs front calipers are different and the rotors are 1" bigger than the S and SIs.

Do you know what the piston diamiter is? Its not in the Helms.

I don't know the actual diameter but I will check on that. I did hear that they are smaller. So are the JDM vtec brakes still bigger than the USDM? Im sure they will fit fine. I have the whole front suspension of the JDM front prelude clip. So if it doesn't fit... I'll make it fit!

another question. What is the difference between the S and the SI?
(besides the engine)

Sorry if im asking too many questions on the 4th gen im not too familiar with it. But I am with the 3rd gen...

So are the JDM vtec brakes still bigger than the USDM?
I don't thinks so. I'm pretty sure they're the same. I'd be shocked if they were bigger.

All 4g and 5g brake parts are interchangeable except for the lines. The front rotors and calipers of a '95 era Legend fit the 5g Lude but only the calipers will fit the 4g. That is unless you pull the 5gs hubs to make the 4g a 5 lug. The NSX front calipers fit the 4g and 5g too. All of this just bolts in no fabrication or modification required.

The only other thing that I can see that is different from the S and SI, would be that the SI comes with a spiler and premium wheels rather than hub caps. 4th gen preludes are all electric right? or are they just like 3rd gens where the Si comes with power everything (exept power door locks Untill 89 i think) and the S doesn't have power windows or power mirrors?

who cares about the 89s or the 3rd generation...that's a whole different shit...focus on yours...and if yours is an SI which it has an H23 in it here...why would you wanna swap it with an H22? so you can hear the sound of "v-tech"? hahhaa

the h22a is better than the h23a, vtec or not. the h23a doesn't have oil squirters. the h22a has a lighter crank that will rev high much higher/safer than the h23a crank. the h22a also has a better head, even if you use cams/valve train that disenguages the use of vtec, it flows better, period.

also, the higher you start, the higher you finish :thumbsup:

I'm about to do the swap h23>jdmh22 ... their really not that all expensive. i'd say stick with the h23 if your planning FI... but all motors a lil more exciting IMO

Back