4th gen hatch d16y8 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SenseiRice

I'm planning a civic build for the near future, I'm a kid with basic tools, little experience, little to no fabricating abilities, and little funding so I'm trying to price things out. My idea was to buyou a 4th Gen hatch and swap a d16y8 into it and my question is what would I need and would it just bolt right in? Would it be easier to use a 5th or 6tth gen as the base for the swap?

Use your cable trans and it drops right in, waste of time swap though really much of a power gain , if you want best bang for buck swap get a single or dual cam zc, and I just realized you dont have the car or motor, save your money and just get a SI ... nuff said

Welcome to Hondaswap. There's a lot of different ways you could go. If you want to do the d16y swap just to have the experience under your belt its not a bad idea and should go pretty easily but like dbs said there are probably better more rewarding options. Find a shell you really like and go from there imo. My first build (and the one im still working on) is B series and for someone with novice knowledge at best I've been able to rebuild most of the car. D series may be even more simple I can't speak from experience.

Get a ef si hatch or crx si, get all the mods cheap as hello and the stock d16a6 is peppy and fun and responds to bolts ons great and already mpfi , 4 wheel disk (90-91) and sunroof , ballin interior , ive never owned a non si ef and wouldnt own one otherwise

LX sedan is DPFI - 90 and 91 EX sedans are MPFI D16A6
You sir are correct I've actually never had a sedan also isn't there are you today and that has the biggest brakes like the DA has

Back