1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4th gen tranny Swap help

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by Fhadz, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Fhadz

Fhadz New Member

O boy ok lets start..

1 year ago i was so excited to get my prelude. she was a beautiful clean
    93 2.3l Nonvtec automatic. with 55k on her. not shabby right
    well a few weeks ago on my way home from work she overheated something horrible so i took a peed into the rad and to my horror complete muck is the only thing i can call it, so like anyone else i lepted for the opportunity to get the Jdm H22a. witch i did at a reasonable 1.2k for the Engine,Auto trannie and the P13.. well idk what the fuck happend i put everything in the car ran perfect. i took a firends advice and nabed a P28 and had xeno chip it and tune it. vtec was poping at 4.5k rpm beings it was a auto i wanted it lower then 5k+ since it shifts at 6.5 :(. ok so today when i left the shop im tdriveing home and boom the trannie would no go anyware! i mean it would engage for a heart beat follow throughtt 1/2/3 and boom then it was just outof gear like the shift game (the automatic shift cable poped out inside, or so i hope ill know tommorrow.

Anyweay i have made my mind up to get a manual trannie it the bitch. i dont have the bank to jump on the Mpa4 trannie i think it is so im just going to the junk yard and im going to pull me a2.3 trannie and all the assemble. im going to list some parts i would liketo know if i am missing anything

5 Speed Trannie
    clutch assemply
    shift linkage
    manual starter
    master cylinder
    slave cylinder
    petal assembley
    5 speed ECU maybe i can use my chiped p28?
    manual cluster
    OEM shifter
    Shift knob
    Shift boot

and ther random nuts and bolt..
    now this like i found googleing.. but i can not for the life of me find a reference guide for the 4th gen swap.. theres a 5 gen swap guide but no 4th gen info.
    has anyone found info on this kinda change?

I would defenitly appriate the advice

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted