4th generation Accord Wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Phat C

From reading around I've learned that by doing the swap I will have to a) get a brand new ECU all together with the engine, but what changes will I have to make to it or the engine, if any? and B) i read I am going to have and take 4 wires for the vtec parts...is that true? if so, then where and why?

Originally posted by Phat C@May 12 2004, 06:11 AM
From reading around I've learned that by doing the swap I will have to a) get a brand new ECU all together with the engine, but what changes will I have to make to it or the engine, if any? and B) i read I am going to have and take 4 wires for the vtec parts...is that true? if so, then where and why?

91 Accord huh.

Don't touch the ECU itself.

Wrap your stock harness around the H22. This requires some lengthening and repositioning of wires, but isn't that hard. Make sure you mark your wires properly so that they end up in the right place.

Salvagage the remaining plugs from your H22(if it has a cut harness) or find some wherever you need to.

Four wires to the ECU, and one ground. Rob a couple ECU harness ends from the junkyard. Connecting to the ECU will be much simpler. You can shove bare wires into the harness end, but they tend to pull out while you are working, and then you're back to step one. I've done it both ways, and the "pins" make it much simpler. Solder all of your connections, twisting works, but isn't acceptable to me.

Possibly run a wire for the Distributor power(six inches or so).

Click my sig. By all means, get back to me after your swap if I missed something.

Back