4wd civic?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
disregarding time and money, how feasible would it be to take the 4wd/awd system from a CR-V and put it into a civic.
Or the old civic station wagons with 4wd could it be place into an EF.

has any got an thought about this i never got the chance to see a crv's susspension so i don't know what the trailing arms would look like.
what chassis are those civic station wagons could you swap a D series into those and have a wicked 4wd
i also read that on hondas awd system only 10% off the power goes to the rear, any thoughts?

did it in crx in 02 at wyo tech wtith friend was a pain in the rear had to make shift linkage make tunnel in car for drive line. custome control arms for the rear and you have to have the complete 4wd wagon to rob parts and modifie it took us about a year working on and off also pretty pricey to build one off parts and you must have a complete shop including machines

Quoted post[/post]]
This has been posted countless times, please search.

wow nice answer it was almost worth the post, if you wanna be short how about helping himout with the multi links that you are talking about.

Quoted post[/post]]
did it in crx in 02 at wyo tech wtith friend was a pain in the rear had to make shift linkage make tunnel in car for drive line. custome control arms for the rear and you have to have the complete 4wd wagon to rob parts and modifie it took us about a year working on and off also pretty pricey to build one off parts and you must have a complete shop including machines

Quoted post[/post]]
This has been posted countless times, please search.

wow nice answer it was almost worth the post, if you wanna be short how about helping himout with the multi links that you are talking about.

Well, i'm not the one who wants to know about it, since ive seen it atleast 5 times on here as a discussion.

To make you happy, here:
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...88&hl=4wd+civic

Quoted post[/post]]

How did it turn out?
how much did you cut apart the CRX
was it still D powered?
ANy quarter mile times?
oh yeah, how can i put a b16 into my 94 VX?
haha just kidding about the last one

I don't think it would be anywhere near worth you're time or money.

Feasible, sure, anything can be done.

And yes, I believe it only puts out 10% to the rear wheels which is why it's a waste.

If you're willing to put that much time and money into it, just make it RWD or swap in a better AWD motor and trans.

yeah, it would be easier and in the end, better to make it RWD, but over just better to get a rwd or awd car.

i see the point.
I am going to research the 4wd civic wagons, see how easy a more powerful d series would go into one of those.

honda tuning did it with an integra and crv parts. turn out great imo. they used a beat on ls then strapped a b18c to the crv tranny. the thing did hot laps 1 second faster than a stock type r. and thats with the shitty old ls shocks and springs.

the only problem was the crv's real-time awd. they fixed it by welding the rear dif.

and the old wagons do only transfer like 10%. not worth it.

I think the CRV trans only transfers 15-20% to the rear. With 600hp and locked rear diff, it might be alright.

from honda.com
Real Timeâ„¢ 4-Wheel Drive

With its unique Real Timeâ„¢ 4-wheel drive system, CR-V also has all-weather performance capability. When the traction of all four wheels is needed (such as on slippery roads) the system automatically engages the wheels for maximum tire grip. Real Timeâ„¢ 4-wheel drive is a hydraulically actuated system that operates only when front-wheel slippage occurs.

but i think locking the dif made the power transfer better. not 50/50, but better.

hey jimboburgess, are we going to see a awd turbo del sol with an eg conversion? that would make you chip foose junior.

t was d powered d16z6 vtec and it was a pain it was my friends car he used it for auto cross so it was helpfull it turned out well ran great

awd is NEVER faster on a track. never.

how that magazine did such a thing, is beyond me.... but i blame the driver.

RWD will always be faster, car for car, otherwise the same thing...

I still think a mid-engined RWD Civic hatch would be a better, more feasible idea.
Mid-mounted K20A2 in an EK hatch? I'd rock it. Not to mention you could do unspeakable things to the front suspension. Pushrod activated coilovers? Remote res? Huge swap bars? Hiem joints?

God yes.

*me changes pants* :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
And yes, I believe it only puts out 10% to the rear wheels which is why it's a waste.
Realtime 4WD actually can go up to 50%, iirc

and it can be done. honda tuning did this like a year ago. try searching hondatuningmagazine.com for the keywords 'on all fours'
i think that was in reference to the old 4wd civic wagons. if i had spare cash and time my integra would be awd. with crv parts. i loved reading the honda tuning about it.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

and it can be done. honda tuning did this like a year ago. try searching hondatuningmagazine.com for the keywords 'on all fours'
i think that was in reference to the old 4wd civic wagons. if i had spare cash and time my integra would be awd. with crv parts. i loved reading the honda tuning about it.

there was some custom shit too... a lot of custom fab'd shit...

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

there was some custom shit too... a lot of custom fab'd shit...
with honda tuning's awd teg? i know, thats why i said i needed extra time and money. if it were a weekend type think there would be alot of awd tegs driving around.

Back