4wd EG Conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok. Got this from Charles of Magnum Powers superchargers last night about getting boost by gear feature hooked in to control the bypass valve with Hondata S300. Looks like I have it worked out. The bypass will be controlled by a dual ported actuator, with one port connected to the intake plenum so when there is vacuum in the intake plenum the bypass valve will be open as normal for a positive displacement supercharger. The port on the other side of the diaphragm will be connected to the intake manifold pressure with the solenoid in line with the hose. The Hondata will be programmed so higher duty cycle will increase pressure to the diaphragm decreasing boost pressure by opening the bypass valve.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

For those of you still confused about what the plan is for this project car this is the plan. My friend Scotty and I are building a 4WD civic hatchback based on the Corvette C4 rear suspension and the Corvette C6(Z06) Braking system. We have enlisted Arraut Motor Sports to modified Civic drop spindles to incorporate the 5x120 Corvette wheel hubs to run a set of 17x8.5( ZL1) Corvette wheels and 215/45/17 Nitto NT01 tires. We are working closely with “Richard”, from ArrautMotorsports.com for the modified Civic drop spindles with the Corvette (J57) Z06 13" front rotors and 6 piston calipers incorporated for the EG, EJ, DC, and EF chassis. The rest of the installation is being completed by “Matt Malloy”, of MattMalloyAutomotive.com. Matt is installing the rear Corvette C4 suspension, 8 Pt roll cage, Drive Shaft Shop segmented center shafts with carrier bearing for a Honda CRV transmission braced at the transfer case, and installing the braking system provided by ChaseBays. I am going the non-traditional route and going supercharged though. We have contracted :Charles”, of MagnumPowers.com to produce a custom B-series supercharger kit utilizing their own patented backdoor intercooler and MPx90 Twin Screw Roots style blower that replaces the power steering and air conditioner bracket on the B- Series. This Blower is capable of producing 32.7 PSI for gains up to 600 HP and is boost controllable utilizing Hondata’s Boost by gear to regulate boost preasure. Any questions?

ForumRunner_20130306_231007.jpg

ForumRunner_20130306_231416.jpg

ForumRunner_20130306_231403.jpg

ForumRunner_20130306_231342.jpg

ForumRunner_20130306_231326.jpg

ForumRunner_20130306_231313.jpg

ForumRunner_20130306_231300.jpg

ForumRunner_20130306_231245.jpg

ForumRunner_20130306_231214.jpg

ForumRunner_20130306_231153.jpg

ForumRunner_20130306_231130.jpg

ForumRunner_20130306_231102.jpg

ForumRunner_20130306_231045.jpg

ForumRunner_20130306_231034.jpg

ForumRunner_20130306_231026.jpg

ForumRunner_20130306_231007.jpg

Just received the 5/16 wheel spacers, Street Shop Inc C4 to C6 rear brake conversion kit, and new rear rotors. Tires were mounted and balanced for fitment to the car and mockup of the rear suspension to the car.

So do you have any pics of the actual fab work going on on the car? Or just all the new part.

Id really like to see the fab skills that are going into this project.

So do you have any pics of the actual fab work going on on the car? Or just all the new part.

x2

i really dont understand this build, this is the third post about it but still no car.:huh:

all i read is u have been talking with some guys and got an e-mail..:huh:

x2

i really dont understand this build, this is the third post about it but still no car.:huh:

all i read is u have been talking with some guys and got an e-mail..:huh:

Honestly he's a lot further along than most people get. Just having real conversations with a fab shop who knows how to do this kind of thing plus buying a bunch of expensive parts is a pretty good indication that this project is likely to get completed.

A lot of people like to talk about AWD swapping their Civics, but few actually do it. Just give him a bit of time and I'm sure we'll see some progress...

Well, I know Matt Malloy. if there's a way to do it, it will get done.
This should turn out good.

then i am one of the few, i just dont understand the amount of fabrication and money most people end up doing , and i did go a little over the top in mine, and shure as hell did not take this time to do it.

then i am one of the few, i just dont understand the amount of fabrication and money most people end up doing , and i did go a little over the top in mine, and shure as hell did not take this time to do it.

Then how about you start your own thread and post up some pictures of your completed AWD Civic?

im curious why the throttle body is attached to the SC if its in that location. will there be any problem having the TB that far away from the intake mani?

Back