4wd Mt Jdm E-cd8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

since F and H series transmission are interchageable bolt for bolt for the H and F series motor, however there are some variants of accord which only happen to have 4WD in automatic only(7 position electronic control 4 speed automatic). i know that the diffrential in the 4WD is "integrated" with the auto-tranny part which is pretty hard to mess with.

However, here is the case. a 94-96 JDM E-CD8 chassis with stock H22A, i am wondering.....

1)Is it possible to mod the 1997 E-CF5 accord 2.0VTS 4WD transmission ( F20B )into a 5MT manual without sacrifying the 4WD capability with the drive shafts and rear differential as on E-CF5?
If it is possible, what chassis mod needed to be done ? what parts do i need ? how much $$ roughly it gonna cost ?

2)How much torque & rpm does the transmission + drivetrain can take ? can it take up to 45kgm (roughly 325lbft) and max rpm as in H22A roughly 7250 - 7500rpm (as i plan to run in 9.0:1 CR with 14.5psi boost with proper fuel feed and engine mod)

In short, i want a E-CD8 accord coupe with the CF5's 4WD in MANUAL mode that can withstand 300lbft of flywheel torque and 7250-7500 engine rpm.

A feasibility study..... any idea ?

well i've never heard of it being done, i'd be interested to find out though. Good luck and let us know how it goes if you do decide to take it on

Never heard of that swap. I haven't heard of a 4WD H22A setup.

too bad huh ? the only possible plug-&-play that is the 4WD auto that bolted on the F series..... I notice there are not much (probably none) aftermarket products for F and H series transimssion too.

:eek: Hopefully there are some aftermarket company will design it in 4WD 6-manual with LSDs and fit both the F and H series engines, i guess that will make quite a sales figure.

anyway thanks for your reply dickeytk and tab.
and Happy motoring everyone ;)

Back