1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4WD Turbo EG6

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by gotboost858, Mar 25, 2011.

1. gotboost858

gotboost858 Active Member

Im back. Got news for you all about the completion of my EG from Stafford Fabrication. Progress has been made in the form of a completed 10 pt roll cage installation to strengthen the suspension and frame of the car, Intercooler mounted and injectors installed. After much argument and many missunderstandings Stafford Fabrication has made good on our deal and even made the effort to pay half of the damages to the body of the car which gives me the opertunity to give it a face lift and revamp the design of my car. I have for the last 6 months been in constant negotiation with Stafford on the repairs, damages and lost or stollen parts from my project EG which all have been replaced or ordered with recipt in hand for the parts. I have new pics and will post asap for the completion of the wire harness, Hondata S300 with boost, water methanol injection system, 7 AL2 MSD and HVC coil to aid in burning fuel through my expected 670 HP tuned 2.1L Ls vtec engine. For those who dont know what this is obviously its another AWD/4WD civic project with illustrations of how this car was engineered.

2. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

Damn son... too bad i don't live out there anymore. I would have liked to see it in action :(

3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

4. gotboost858

5. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

6. canejuicegary

canejuicegary New Member

Hey congrats man,i have always wonderd what a AWD civic would be like,would the 4wd drive system from the older crv models fit under the eg6 body.

7. gotboost858

I didn't actually use any thing from the CRv but the transmission and the cable linkage shifter. The CR-V rear end will not support anything over 300 hp. The clutch packs slip and become inoperable under any serious amount of power and also cause serious over steer because of how the rear end transfers torque. Stafford used a Ford 8.8 turbo T-Bird rear end that was independent with an LSD installed. It should be like a locker when I launch the car but my CRv transmission is peg leg. To modify the Crv drive train to fit an EG most people modify the civic trailing arms to accept the CRv hubs by cutting them out and pasting the crv stuff there and using the diff carrier from the crv rear sub frame and fabricating the civic to those specs.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  8. gotboost858

Mine is totally different from what everyone else has done. Mike Stafford of Stafford Fabrication has totally redesigned the rear suspension of my EG to handle serious power and be adjustable enough to fit any type of driving style or racing I might want to do. Though this way is very versatile not many people want to cut their cars up or totally remove and fabricate a new sub frame because it is so costly. Mike has gone the extra mile to ensure that my car is able to withstand anything that I throw at it. It should be a fun car to drive.

9. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

10. TurboMirage

actually it happens more than you think :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. newb

newb phresh VIP

Isnt Mike Stafford the guy who got into some legal trouble and shut his shop down? Or am I thinkin of someone else?

12. canejuicegary

canejuicegary New Member

thanx for the great info,hope to see some detail videos of the project and possibly some runs!!

13. gotboost858

You might be right. I am really tired of this Guy but he has my car and is somewhat actively working on it.

14. gotboost858

well I finally got tired of Mike Stafford giving me the run around and cursed him out so badly he gave me my car back.

15. gotboost858

I have my car back and realize he told me he has driven my car several times checking on how the suspension operates like he was supposed to but I found today that my car has no o2 sensor hooked up. I hope he didnt wash out the brand new piston rings in the motor. He was using the factory gsr injectors at 5 psi on my turbo no o2 or wideband tuning. Should I be worried?

16. TurboMirage

17. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Sorry to hear!

I don't think 5psi would do much damage unless it was prolong sessions.

18. Stafford fab

Stafford fab New Member

Just thought I should set the record straight the only time steve cursed at me is I'm a text. Yes I gave him his car back with all the drivetrain fab done just not the sheetmetal .he conually acussed me of stealing parts .I told him to keep his money and just take his car home

19. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

20. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

kicks feet up, grabs the :popcorn:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted