4wheel steering on accord?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dmills30ny

ok after talkin with a fellow dirt track racer with his h23 prelude, after racing a season with him he can corner faster and keep his speed up, im a new honda guy so dont flame me too bad,,,, he said his prelude has all wheel steering, would i be able to rig a prelude setup like that onto my my 93 accord dirt track car?

I think an earlier nineties model of the accord actually had 4WS. i dont think it was sold in america though. if nobody more knowledgeable posts on this ill look it up 4 ya.

As close as a Prelude and an Accord are im sure you could find some way to make it work But i agree with BrutalB83 its more trouble to do it than actual good you would get from it

AWS was an easrly 90's fad.

prelude
3000gt
some nissans with hicas
etc

If it was a worthwhile improvement, it would have caught on and become standard. It didn't, and most people who have these cars actually ended up disabling the 4ws.

On the dirt track, i can see it being a bit helpful, as it will help reduce understeer a bit andding some rotation.

IMO, learn to trail brake to get the car to rotate. it's a lot cheaper :)

the New BMW F01 and F02s have AWS, course its electronic where honda's was mechanical
and the lenght of the F02 is like a limo and its for parking lot menuvers rather than performance i think

Back