4ws

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ct989

alright so when i bought my 93 lude the 4WS worked flawlessly. the light came on a few months later. when i first start my car i can drive for about 2 minutes and the 4WS light comes on. Before the light comes on the rear wheels are actually steering, but of course the light comes on they aren't. i have a few bad suspension parts and my alignment is slightly off. could that be the problem?

honda tech has a good write up on this. a lot of times it a relay in the 4ws unit. have to remove it from the car and open it up and resolder the relay it's easy to find once its open. it's the biggest 5 point thing in there. I believe I have a link to it somewhere in an old thread on this sight.

thanks bro i'll have to check that out. i have a 1500 page service manual on the car and i looked at the 4ws section and it said if anything was out of line it shuts the system down. i'm gonna replace my suspension parts and get it aligned and if that doesn't fix it im gonna check that out

Back