1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5 Faulty Codes....

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by jtornado, Nov 20, 2007.

1. jtornado

jtornado New Member

I have a 97 civic ex and I noticed my car starts misfiring and even my fuel gauge shows that Im using 1/2 my tank in 80 miles. I did a self-dianosis and picked up 5 codes. Code 67:Catalyst system efficiancy below threshold and Code 71-74:Cylinder misfire #1-4. So should I not blame it all on my CAT or could it be multiple things??????

2. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

The misfire could be causing the catalyst code, but if you've been driving it like that for awhile there's a good chance you burned up the converter from having all the misfiring going on. There are a number of things that could be causing your problems, but the first thing I would do is a tune up (plugs, wires, cap, rotor) and see if the misfire problem goes away. Also check your fuel pressure & fuel delivery to make sure that's not causing the misfiring.

3. jtornado

jtornado New Member

Could I ask where you went to school for Honda????? Im currently at Central Lakes College and I plan on going to a Honda school in the future. I would love to work mostly on hondas!!!!!! Its what interests me the most and I love learning new things about them.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted