5$ paypal for anyone that can help solve this prob

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jdubspeeds

The check engine light inst coming on when you turn the key to on. and the ecu does not blink to show that it is working? I replaced the main relay and tested the distributor and they are both fine. What am I missing. Why wont this ecu turn on? I have tried another of my ecus and it wont turn on eithier.

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy+Dec 15 2004, 04:43 AM-->
Jdubspeeds
@Dec 15 2004, 03:08 AM
The check engine light inst coming on when you turn the key to on.  and the ecu does not blink to show that it is working?  I replaced the main relay and tested the distributor and they are both fine.  What am I missing.  Why wont this ecu turn on? I have tried another of my ecus and it wont turn on eithier.
[post=432420]Quoted post[/post]​

where the ecu grounds out on the thermostat bolt... is that hooked up ??
is ur battery fried ?? <_<
[post=432426]Quoted post[/post]​

I looked and didnt see any grounds near that the thermostat

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Dec 15 2004, 04:44 AM
im asuming you check than main battery fuse and others
[post=432427]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah i checked the fuses

check the bulb on the back of the cluster. check to see if its there first. if its there, then try another bulb.

I think he meant his ECU isn't working. Not the bulb.

Maybe use a multimeter to see if your getting any voltage to the ECU?

Originally posted by Jdubspeeds+Dec 15 2004, 11:25 AM-->
Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Dec 15 2004, 04:43 AM
Jdubspeeds
@Dec 15 2004, 03:08 AM
The check engine light inst coming on when you turn the key to on.  and the ecu does not blink to show that it is working?  I replaced the main relay and tested the distributor and they are both fine.  What am I missing.  Why wont this ecu turn on? I have tried another of my ecus and it wont turn on eithier.
[post=432420]Quoted post[/post]​

where the ecu grounds out on the thermostat bolt... is that hooked up ??
is ur battery fried ?? <_<
[post=432426]Quoted post[/post]​

I looked and didnt see any grounds near that the thermostat
[post=432556]Quoted post[/post]​

The grounds at the engine and the strap from the engine to the chassis is very important. I would look in this direction. Power to the unit is not important if you don't have a ground path.

Back