5 years left?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FAIL

That is the God of Isreal, not Jesus or Yeshua as it is correctly spelt

EDIT: seriously, nobody should discount that documentary without first seeing it. I'm on the fence, but the fact is NOBODY has disproven it.
is this the documentary that was done where they supposedly found Jesus' tomb and found a body in it? And are saying they have "DNA evidence" that it is Jesus?

more people who don't know ish about that DVD and have already passed judgement on it.

note to self: stop debating people on Hondaswap, them seem to talk before they do any research

No body was found. The DNA they pulled wasn't nuclear and is theorized to have comes from a dematerialized garment worn by the "Jesus: Son of Josef" found in the tomb

Cliff Notes from the lost Family Tomb of Jesus

tombs of that nature were only made for a little less then 100 years, no new tombs were made after 70AD

The tomb contained bone boxes named: Jesus: Son of Josef, Mary, Master Mary, Jossie: Son of Josef, James: Son of Josef, & Juda: Son of Jesus. There were 4 other unnamed boxes found. The marking on the boxes wasn't per say mandatory because it was more a logistical benefit then anything else.

The names on the bone boxes were collaborative with the historical account of the family because

Mary died much younger then Josef, Josef then left and died in Greece or Europe, hence no bone box of him

Master Mary is feasible as Mary Magdalene was a respected religious teacher in Greece, her native land. Her bone box was also marked in two languages, Arameyic and Greek. And the form of Mary used was extremely rare and consistent with the form of Mary used in the "Gospel of Mary"

Jossie was the name of a brother of the historical Jesus, the name Jossie is an extremely rare form of Josef, it does however appear in the Virgin Mary's genealogy.

The James box disappeared shortly after the find and was later found on the black market with the title "brother of Jesus" added. While it's authenticity is now under fire the weight and dimensions of the box are an exact match for the box that was cataloged in 1980. And a study of the settled dust particles on the box proved a match for the rest of the boxes in that tomb. There were 20 other tombs that were compared against it in this way and only one matched

also

No Nuclear DNA was found inside of Jesus's bone box, the DNA that was found in both Jesus and Master Mary's bone boxes was usable to determine if they were related. They were not.

while any of these names alone (except for the different spelling of Mary and Jossie) were quite common, probability tells us that the odds of finding another tomb with all of these together within 100 year period is multiplication gone wild.

And here's the kicker. There is a known bone box of an Apostle in existence, there is a chevron design on his bone box (which was found miles from the Jesus tomb), it is a match for the Jesus family crest found at the entrance to the tomb.

That's not to say the documentary isn't without it's nay sayers, who have provided us with many well thought out debunking points such as

"this is an outrage"

or the rock solid

"someone tries to debunk Christianity every Easter"

sorry if I spelt anything wrong

Last edited:
more well founded criticism, the argument against the documentary is STAGGERING!

not really, I am very surpristed that the experts on the other side of this issue have yet to provide any real alternative explination

I guess I'd have to watch it to seriously criticize it. I was just making fun of the fact that someone would allow a documentary to shake the foundations of their religious faith.

well it's based on real history and science. Christians believe that the story as it goes down in the gospels is 100% historically accurate, so it's very shaking to them.

Back