550cc injectors with Hondata at 7 psi TooMuchfuel?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LSTurboCivic4DR

Ok, from My last thread i have decided I have to spend the extra money and do it right so again, heres what I am working with....
98 b18b
00 b18b head
91 Integra LS ECU (OBD1)
91 LS Wire Harness
T3/T04e with 57 trim wheel and .50, .63 A/R
Tial 38mm Wastegate
HKS BOV
Custom Equal legth manifold with Downpipe
Spearco Front mount
And for the fuel...
RC 550cc Injectors
AEM Fuel Rail
Walbro 255gph fuel pump

Now My question is, if I buy the hondata, with the 550cc injectors, can I run ok at a light 7 psi of boost, or will i still be WAY rich? Can the Hondata tune that well to handel the 550's? I am not going to ditch the 550's because I will later build my bottom end and dont want to buy 2 sets of injectors (450's then 550's). From ya'lls help I have ditched the SAFC2 idea, and decided to spend more money on the Handata. HELP! I have money burning a hole in my pocet and need good fuel managment! Thanks for any help!

problem #1. you are obd0. hondata works with obd1 ecus, and b16 (pr3/pw0) obd0 ecus only. you are going to have to convert to obd1 (ecu, dizzy, alt, injectors) to use hondata.

or-

zdyne. its the way to go for obd0 cars.

both hondata and zdyne can idel injectors up to around 1000cc's.

Ok, I have RC 550's, peak and hold. I guess I am obd0, i thought OBD1, but I was wrong. I guess I knew that, but anyways... This zdyne you speak of, please tell me more, I am very interested... I am getting frustrated, I cant run AEM, cant run Hondata, I just want to do it right, witch most people dont even takt the time to do, PLEASE HELP! Thanks

Hey Sol, Thanks for the good info, expensive though. Would you recommend the silver or the gold? I like the gold for adjustability. What do you think, damn, these are expensive, I can almost get a AEM EMS for that money, do you think that is better, or will that not run on my obd0 either? Thanks again, looks like a bad ass ECU...

I think AEM runs 1 and 2, but I'm not sure.

Sorry, I had not noticed your ECU/wiring harness in the last thread. I just looked at your block and head and figured you had the accompanying electronics!

i don't believe there is an obd 0 ems.

the gold is a killer unit.

yes, its expensive. but its by far the most important part to any high power car. its the wrong thing to skimp on.

Ok thanks guys for all your help, now at least I got it figured out! I will have to save! Meth, dont worry about it, I forgot to put it in the last thread and due to reply I relized how importand it was to have that in there. On last question, I will call on the gold ECu tommorow, but were is a knowlgeable place to tune it in central florida, I dont know jack about fuel maps! Thanks for everything, and to think I almost bought the wrong parts several time! Thanks!

Yes, I am in Orlando. I plan to have my car towed to the dyno, so hopfully close, but i sell cars, so if I have to go farther for a better tunner, I will. I have some hookups for towing, Thanks, Frank.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 18 2003, 12:32 AM
problem #1.  you are obd0.  hondata works with obd1 ecus, and b16 (pr3/pw0) obd0 ecus only.  you are going to have to convert to obd1 (ecu, dizzy, alt, injectors) to use hondata.

or-

zdyne.  its the way to go for obd0 cars.

both hondata and zdyne can idel injectors up to around 1000cc's.

i spoke to the people @ hondata and they told me that the hondata 2B works with the PR4 ecu (obd0 LS) and it even says it on their site http://hondata.com/engines.html ....but now i have a feeling that they were just bullshitting me. if not, then he should be able to use the obd 0 PR4 with the hondata 2B no problem....and if they were bullshitting me, then i have a whole new can of worms in front of me to contend with b/c.....

i have a b18b that i conveted over to obd0 so that it could plug up to my stock obd 0 crx wiring. so...if the hondata 2b wont work with my set up, what would be my options to make my set up hondata compatible?

would i have to wire the motor back up as obd 1? and if so, how would i get the obd 1 motor wire harness to plug up to the stock obd 0 crx wire harness? do they make a obd 0 to obd 1 conversion plug for the car and engine harnesses? is there a obd 0 to 0bd 1 conversion plug for the ecu (since i would have to switch over to a obd 1 ecu)?.....

maybe im making a much bigger deal out of this than what it really is, but, i just spent big money on a hondata 2b and im kinda pissed to find out that i cant use it b/c of false info that i got from hondata. thank a mill.

your bogarting his thread, but whatever.

Your going to want to convert to OBD1, hands down. If your going Hondata, there is no reason to make things harder for yourself by having OBD0 - At least thats my opinion.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Nov 18 2003, 08:16 PM
your bogarting his thread, but whatever.

Your going to want to convert to OBD1, hands down. If your going Hondata, there is no reason to make things harder for yourself by having OBD0 - At least thats my opinion.

so whats the easiest way to do that? also, would the s200 work with obd 0?

the s200 does not work with obd0.
the old stage 2/3/4 on the pr3 and pw0 does.

i've never heard of it being done on the pr4, so i can't say anything about that. if hondata said it could be done- then i'd take there word for it.

LSTurboCivic4DR, i spoke with a buddy down in fl about your setup... i'm waiting to get a reply from him about it.

well...im going to call them back today but lets say, worst case scenerio that the hodnata 2b will not work with the obd 0 PR4, then would i be ok if i...

(1) get a obd 1 dizzy, o2 sensor, and ecu and change the connector plugs on the wire harness that plug into the dizzy and o2

(2) get a obd 0 to obd 1 conversion harness for the new obd 1 ecu

(3) keep the hondata 2b (b/c i dont wanna go thru the hassle trading it for a s200 if it could be helped) and the existing peak & hold injectors

i guess you could say im hoping for the best but preparing for the worse, so i just wanted to know if my Plan B would work. thanks again.

also on a side note...whats the difference between the 2b and the s200?

For your setup I would say to go obd1 and use the Hondata, besides being very effective and cheap to purchase, dyno time is to be considered. It takes our dyno tuner three times as long (or longer) to set up an AEM perfect compared to the Hondata, and he is one of the best in the country. I only recommend it for very high end applications. You don't need Picasso to paint your house. A few AEM users I know have even scrapped the EMS for Hondata units. Depending on the application, I've seen 1500.00+ price tags on dyno/tuning time for the AEM EMS.

Back