5gen h22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well here it goes im looking to do a h22 in my girls accord have a few questions ive done probaly 30 civic/crx/integra swaps but never a accord/prelude.

#1 she wants to keep it an auto and the car is obd2 can i get a auto h22 and run the accord trans with the h22 ecu or will it not controll the trany.

#2 what all is involved wiring wise.

#3 im going to assum that i can keep the ac and powersteering no problem.

#4 this swap needs to look as if it is the stock motor and that it belongs in the car when im done is it posible to do this or no

auto is no problem, plenty of people do that.

the wiring is pretty similar, but you need to find an obd2 motor (like a type s), then use a P5P ecu. im not sure about the tcu though.

power steering is a problem as is ac. neither of the hoses for them will fit correctly. tab knows more about the accord swap than i do, but i know it doesnt work properly.

making it look stock is not a problem.

so the tcu is seperate from the ecu and i can keep my accord auto that helps. what do i need to do to keep ac and ps

you will have to use the ac compressor bracket from the sccord and the accord compressor and that should work. i have also taken the p/s bracket and pump off a accord and used it with a h22 but the belt needs to be changed. i done it before and the hose really streches to fit but it did

I prefer to change the PS hose and use the Prelude PS pump, but where there is a will, there is a way.

The auto tranny and TCU will work, but using a Prelude tranny will give a firmer shift. Also, a H22 Prelude TCU will give the right shift points for a H22. The Accord TCU will shift too early, unless you manually shift down to make the tranny hold each gear.

defiantely use the prelude power steering pump and line. it will save you alot of headache in the long run. trying to get another power steering line to work with another pump is hell!!

Back