5th Gen Acc H22a swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
most of the time, people use their stock harness from the car and modify it. It would be a lot easier than converting the engine harness to fit the car and the engine.

The black box is directly below your intake manifold, more toward the driver's side. It is black, has a solenoid and two prong plug, and the dimensions are about 2 1/2 inches square by six inches long. There are also vacuum lines going in and out.

i used the f22 driver side mount....you just have to trim it a little bit and it will fit right in...i cut off like 1/4 of and inch or less. i had an f22b2 and used it

use ur f22 wire harness...all of ur looms should end up on the passanger side if not then somehting is tangled up. just look at it again and re run it

u can use ur prelude fuel rail....just turn it around...it should mount up..thats what i did......i believe.....ur fuel line will have two things that lock it onto the fuel rail well just turn the fuel line connector upside down so the two things are pointing up... one of them will work....i didnt buy any mounts or fuel rail etc...it will all work..

my swap was a 94 accord f22b2 to h22a....u shouldnt have to be buying these extra parts!!!

i did buy a dist to convert the motor to external coil....i just switched it to internal coil...i reccomend it.
you can buy a kit to convert it..or find someone with the know how to do it.

i have done this swap...let me know what kind of trouble u are having

looking back, i wish i hadnt done the internal conversion. the problems i am having might be the distributor, and i cant change back to the stock setup for the car. and finding the right cap was a BITCH (97 Accord VTEC dontcha know).

If you dont have to rewire the dizzy, id leave it the way it is. I checked the wiring on mine this weekend and all the insulation is FRIED.

Quoted post[/post]]
looking back, i wish i hadnt done the internal conversion. the problems i am having might be the distributor, and i cant change back to the stock setup for the car. and finding the right cap was a BITCH (97 Accord VTEC dontcha know).

If you dont have to rewire the dizzy, id leave it the way it is. I checked the wiring on mine this weekend and all the insulation is FRIED.

my dist is a h22 with a 97 civic cap(internal coil) and rotor....you can also use the accord cap(External coil)...
I dont know how you wired your dist... but mine worked fine...but yes internal works much better.

How did you use a civic cap...b series and h dont get along do they?

97 accord vtec is internal. if you want an external cap, use the one for the prelude.

Quoted post[/post]]
How did you use a civic cap...b series and h dont get along do they?

97 accord vtec is internal. if you want an external cap, use the one for the prelude.

97 sohc civic non vtec is a d series i believe....and it is internal and fits the h series dist.....im using it right now. works great. i would suggest only using honda parts. the other off brands tend to me a little cheaper made. i got my cap and rotor for like 40 bucks from the dealership.

internal and external both work fine. I like internal because it takes up less room.

A lot of the caps are interchangeable.

Quoted post[/post]]

i used the f22 driver side mount....you just have to trim it a little bit and it will fit right in...i cut off like 1/4 of and inch or less. i had an f22b2 and used it

use ur f22 wire harness...all of ur looms should end up on the passanger side if not then somehting is tangled up. just look at it again and re run it

u can use ur prelude fuel rail....just turn it around...it should mount up..thats what i did......i believe.....ur fuel line will have two things that lock it onto the fuel rail well just turn the fuel line connector upside down so the two things are pointing up... one of them will work....i didnt buy any mounts or fuel rail etc...it will all work..

my swap was a 94 accord f22b2 to h22a....u shouldnt have to be buying these extra parts!!!

i did buy a dist to convert the motor to external coil....i just switched it to internal coil...i reccomend it.
you can buy a kit to convert it..or find someone with the know how to do it.

i have done this swap...let me know what kind of trouble u are having

Hah.. Plenty of trouble, here and there. Driver's side motor mount.. Got the 90-93 Acc Driver's side and the H22's drivers side.. neither match up exactly, lol. As I said in the previous post, the Acc one was too thin. The H22 mount was actually too wide and then not deep enough to mount to the engine, so we shaved that down, cut the core of the old 94 Acc driver's side mount to create a shim for it. How is that for problems? Heh.

Got an EBAY exhaust manifold that was too long, about 5 inches longer than the flange to my CAT, so I'm going to have an exhaust shop cut it down a bit. It said in the description it would fit my car, but alas, it doesnt.

:mad:

Rewiring the car was stupid, but its fairly self explanatory.

I haven't heard of anyone having as much trouble as you. Did you remember to switch pins A6 and A11 at the ECU?

Problems are my middle name. Engine is basically hooked up to discover just one last final problem. The throttle cable is too long. I have no idea if its possible to alter it or reroute it so its snug or if I definately have to buy one but thats the way it turned out. The AC Compressor from the Accord didnt bolt up exactly to the H22 so i used the H22's Compressor, so I had to discharge my refrigerate. Then the existing compressor line didnt match up to the H22's compressor so its just unhooked til spring. What a pain in the ass. Possible first start is in a day or two though. :laugh:

UMMMM....cut down your TB? Thats all i got...that is crazy. I have never seen soooo many problems with a swap. Ill give 3:1 odds on it starting (triple pay if it starts)......who wants a piece?

********DISCLAIMER********

THE OFFER STATED ABOVE WAS MERELY IN JEST. THOSE WHO WANTED TO TAKE ME UP ON IT...GET HELP, YOU HAVE A GAMBLING PROBLEM!!!

Bury that tach
The H22 wakes up the Accord in the same way a set of secondaries did to your father's Oldsmobile. There are no annoying vibrations or driveability problems (none were expected, but this is still a full engine/trans swap). The party starts quickly at 5200 rpm (the H22's VTEC engagement rpm) and 45 extra hp transform the Accord into something much more entertaining then the dealer ever sold. With a rev range to 8200 rpm, you can completely bury the tach (which redlines at 6200 on our '94) and watch your back seat drivers duck for cover. Isn't this what engine swaps are all about?

Wow is that true or what. Even in my prelude i go 1000 or so over the redline and people are like WOW WTF M8 YOU GONNA BLOW YER SHIT...id love to see that in an accord.

Quoted post[/post]]
Heh, I'm not crazy, check out this article.

H22 into Accord Chassis

Alot of the clips on the side turn out to be the same problems I'm coming across.

I've seen that guide before. It's a great guide, better than my own. I believe that my guide is very thorough, but I haven't swapped a H22 into a fifth gen. I've swapped F22b1 into a fourth gen, and I've swapped F22B2 in a fifth gen. 94-95's can be bastards.

I am always willing to modify my guide to accomodate the fifth gen fellas. Let me know what little quirks you would like added.....

Where is the O2 sensor plug located on the engine.. I'm laying under the engine looking for it so I can wire in the O2 to my exhaust manifold, and I cant seem to see that thing.

mine had a link connection going to it...like Ecu------=----O2 Sensor. It should be right behind your oil filter. if your feet are sticking out from under the front bumper, it should be on your right.

It depends on your model. An EX already had the bung down below. If you had an LX, then the wires are up by the top part of the exhaust manifold and need to be lengthened.

Back