5th Gen Accord Suspension Upgrade

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nickg4c

PowerDriverh22 posted this in another topic, and they moved on to something else, so I didnt want to jack the thread.

"Suspension, buy a cheap coil over kit put skunk 2 drag (race) springs on the back and front. they are 50 dollars a piece. i have 800lb on the rear, so 800 in the rear, 600 in the front will probably do. get tokico or other adjustable struts to stiffen it up a lil more for drag days."

I need a little more clarification on this because I really need to upgrade the suspension on my 97. You said to buy a cheap coil over kit, and replace the springs with the skunk 2 ones. Is buying a cheap kit just to get the accessory stuff for cheap and then put on good springs. The other thing is on the skunk 2 website,( where I'm guessing you got the price for those springs) which ones are the 800lb or 600lb they dont really say much about them.

Is this what your running on your accord? And have you taken it to a drag strip before?

Thanks.

ya basically all coil overs are the same. they are just threaded alluminum sleeves.

find a set for like 100bucks with a similar design to the ground control (i find them easier to adjust)

then trash the springs that came on them. buy the skunk 2 springs. when you call to order them you tell them which weight of spring you want. (price is not reflective of weight, they are 50 buck a piece accross the board) i chose the 800 in the rear so that the ride isnt horrible. there is also a 1000lb spring but that would be pretty unforgiving. i picked up .25-.3 with just changing out my rear springs and struts (tokico illuminas). the struts are up to you. i like the tokico's so that is what i went with...they are by no means the best out there.

i have not upgraded the the front yet but i do need to. the rear doesnt squat much at all but the front still dives and lifts when shifting. i would reccomend the 600lb springs in the front with an adjustable strut

Awsome thanks, thats probably about what I will do. I know I'm definetly going with the tokico illuminas, because I liked what I saw on various websites. Thanks again

Back